PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day for this OpelAus dude.......

BoostedAstra
7th February 2005, 08:36 AM
Hi Guys,

With much regret I have traded in my turbo(well at least tomorrow its gone :cry: ).......

I'm trading into a 100 series LC, I know its on the other end of the scale as far as vehicles go, but the turbo was an impulse purchase, as I was lookin into 4x4 then......

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend the Byron cruise (unless you guys want to wait for a 2.5 tonne cruiser!!) as I will be Opel-less.

I would like to to say thats been great being part of this club, and I hope the QLD section just keeps growing at this awesome rate. You guys made cruising to no where in particular a lot of fun....

Thanks again

Julian (BoostedAstra)

~Kupu~
7th February 2005, 09:33 AM
:cry: but but but - you dont have to stop being our friend cause you have a different car :cry: we will still accept you :(

Dee
7th February 2005, 10:06 AM
JULIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did you do that without the consultation of us : :shock:

have fun with ur new 4x4 ;) just dont run over any of us with it please :) ur still more than welcome to come along with us anywhere you want

BoostedAstra
7th February 2005, 10:58 AM
I know I should consulted Donna, but I had to do it on the spur of the moment as I thought I'd back out.....

I'd still love to come on the Bryon cruise if thats cool, although no speed testing for me!! I promise if I see an OpelAus sticker, I wont run em over :evil:

So does that mean I join Shao as part of the dark side?.....On the pluse side guys if any thing ever happens to one of the cars cruising, you can call me to get towed for the cost of the fuel!!

Julian

Dee
7th February 2005, 11:03 AM
:lol: julian.... its all good... we probably wouldnt have been able to talk you out of it anyway...

and yes you can come in whatever car you want to come in... just as long as you dont mind us plastering www.opelaus.com all over it :) :) :) just kidding

~Kupu~
7th February 2005, 11:13 AM
of course you can come on the byron cruise :D you dont stop being our friend casue you have a different car now..... hope we do get to see you there so we can check out your new ride :D

shaohaok
7th February 2005, 12:48 PM
oh no!!
wat was wrong with the turbo!!

anyway, have fun with the LC. when u do come out, i want to go for a ride in it :D

BoostedAstra
7th February 2005, 01:35 PM
oh no!!
wat was wrong with the turbo!!

anyway, have fun with the LC. when u do come out, i want to go for a ride in it :D

Quite simply Shao, leather and only two doors.....not practical enough any more. I will miss the throw ya back into the seat feel but I can soon do rear wheel stands whilst going up steep hills :twisted:

If I make the Byron cruise, for sure, beach joy rides for every one who attends, after all its a 7 seater :lol:

Julian

dazza015
7th February 2005, 01:42 PM
Good luck with the new car Julian - great choice in my opinion :D

This would probably be a good time to mention to everyone that i went looking at a Toyota Hilux V6 Dualcab 4wd on the weekend...........

ultim8DTM5
7th February 2005, 01:45 PM
We've had a 100-series Snowy for about 5 years.
Airbagged up its never missed a beat!

mrbenno
8th February 2005, 11:07 AM
How much did you get for it as a trade in ?

mr_astra_retired
8th February 2005, 04:24 PM
Tis a sad day Julian , hope you hang around the site , your a top friendly lad mate , best wishes with your new ride .

Steven

BoostedAstra
9th February 2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks Steven, I do intend to stick around as I still love the SriT, just not practical anymore.....Also Shao needs help getting toyota to infiltrate the OpelAus site :lol:

The car went yesterday and was quite emotional over the whole thing, its really wierd not seeing it in the garage anymore.....

Mrbenno it was traded for 24k, I know of another one(GF work mate) that was dealer traded for the exact same amount(I spoke with about 10 dealers in Brisbane.) I think the Arden Blue is still the best color, however I was advised that the blk SriT are holding value better than any other and more than likely worth at least a grand more..... cue blue vs blk debate.

I wasn't too worried over the above price as the new car is valued at just over 10 grand more than the purchase price.....The sales guy quoted me the wrong price(didn't check and had to honor it) :oops:

Julian

Blake
9th February 2005, 03:52 PM
the turbo was an impulse purchase
I wish i had that luxurie(sp?)

mrbenno
10th February 2005, 02:05 PM
dammit, i am looking for an SRi T at the moment and Holden isn't being much assistance in helping me find one......if i can find one for under $30k then I am laughing