PDA

View Full Version : Noise when turning ignition off.Dads freakn out about his pride & joy. Plz help

shifty
21st April 2016, 03:30 PM
Can anyone tell me what the noise that sounds like an electric motor shutting down when u turn your car off? I thought it was the immobiliser on my AH Astra z18xe and it never worried me but my Dad got a 07 mazda 3 (2.0L) afew months ago that he absolutely adores and he only started hearing the same noise today. He's on holidays and its really worrying him so I'd love to find out what the noise actually is(hopefully it's normal) so he can stop worrying and enjoy his well deserved holiday.
Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

AllenR
21st April 2016, 03:43 PM
Possibly the fan running on for a period after the engine shuts down. Quite common and entirely normal.

shifty
21st April 2016, 05:49 PM
Possibly the fan running on for a period after the engine shuts down. Quite common and entirely normal.
Thats what I thought but it happens when the fans not going. In my car the sound comes from around throttle body area or somewhere at back of motor. I wonder if it would be ecu or maybe throttle body locking bcoz mine makes a small click noise after the electric motor shut down noise stops. It's got me buggered but im betting throttle body or immobiliser

AllenR
22nd April 2016, 10:29 AM
I will have a listen to my SRI Turbo when I shut it off next time. Probably this afternoon.

mylifeasbenjamin
25th April 2016, 04:36 PM
I think it's the A/C vents closing inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sskustomz
25th April 2016, 05:55 PM
I can hear the IAC in my corsa

shifty
26th April 2016, 09:54 PM
I think it's the A/C vents closing inside

It happens even when the a/c is turned off, would that still be the cause?

shifty
26th April 2016, 09:58 PM
I can hear the IAC in my corsa
Does it sound like an electric motor shutting down followed by a click?thats what my astra sounds like but my dad says the same sound without the click on his mazda3. I've told him it's nothing to worry about but hes one of them blokes that has to find out what it is lol.
Does yours sound like its coming from throttle body area? Mine does so i was thinking something to do with locking the throttle body?

mylifeasbenjamin
26th April 2016, 11:56 PM
Like 20-30 seconds after I turn the car off it makes like a buzzing humming noise.

sskustomz
27th April 2016, 04:15 PM
IAC is a small motor that winds a valve in and out, when you turn off the motor it resets to open so you should hear a hum, small electric motor type noise in the throttle body. Not sure on the click, maybe a relay?

sskustomz
27th April 2016, 04:23 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160427/848ba7c44bb554b1bd7fb9822d3d7d75.jpg
Will look something like this but I believe yours is built in to throttle body