PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Crossfire Convertible

InSaNe^Sna1L
6th February 2005, 07:33 PM
I got to drive one today.

Awesome car.....turns heads.

Only thing i didnt like about the convertible is it was around midday when i drove it so the sun is beating down. They would be better for afternoon and evening cruises. And also when pulling up the smell of rubber and engine wafts into the cabin and its not pleasant. But besides that, if I had the $$$ I would get the crossfire.

Also it was seqential auto but that was ok.

Namus
6th February 2005, 09:23 PM
nah shite car.....lacks grunt; for wat? around $88k i believe...a friends older brother just took delivery of one....not a fan.....like the front; hate the bak; and that STUPID rear wing which comes up at 100km/h and provides all of NOTHING...talk about gimmicky....yeah perhaps a good cruising car; but still wouldn't buy it; not for $88k

mr_astra_retired
6th February 2005, 09:26 PM
nah **moderated** car.....lacks grunt; for wat? around $88k i believe...a friends older brother just took delivery of one....not a fan.....like the front; hate the bak; and that STUPID rear wing which comes up at 100km/h and provides all of NOTHING...talk about gimmicky....yeah perhaps a good cruising car; but still wouldn't buy it; not for $88k

So you saying you dont like it :lol:

Namus
6th February 2005, 09:27 PM
how'd u guess? :lol: :P

mr_astra_retired
6th February 2005, 09:31 PM
LOL :) Soz namus couldnt resist

Well ive never seen one so cant comment as yet :mrgreen:

Namus
6th February 2005, 09:40 PM
lmao :lol: :lol:

R3N
7th February 2005, 05:27 AM
I'd rather get a Saab 9-3 Aero convertible, those things look nice... not sure how much they go for though.

Mr Cali
7th February 2005, 11:08 AM
The crossfire is built on the same platform and engine as the SLK Roadster. In my opinion the crossfire is way too out there, they went out on a limb with the styling, hence a love it or hate it opinion.
If I had to pick out of the 2 the Merc wins hands down, damn they are sexy

Namus
7th February 2005, 05:04 PM
just becuase it is built on same platform/engine as SLK; doesn't mean squat...Crossfire handles nothing like the Merc

daopeliser
8th February 2005, 10:15 PM
i work for chrysler, and we have only sold 2 crossfires, they dont sell!! i think 2 much money and it aint worth it

Namus
9th February 2005, 10:04 AM
much like when the new Vectra first came out.....they were like $40k new....dropped now to like $30k....