PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a nub question.

ConZo
10th March 2016, 10:01 PM
Hi guys,

Just a quick one before I go to bed (struggling to stay awake here).

Can I purchase an EDS/IPF second hand? More specifically are they VIN locked or anything if someone has used it on their car already?

Thanks, I found one fairly cheap and while I am going for a full ECU upgrade in the coming months this might be a bit of fun to have around the place prior if I can use it..

chris_r
10th March 2016, 10:10 PM
Hi guys,

Just a quick one before I go to bed (struggling to stay awake here).

Can I purchase an EDS/IPF second hand? More specifically are they VIN locked or anything if someone has used it on their car already?

Thanks, I found one fairly cheap and while I am going for a full ECU upgrade in the coming months this might be a bit of fun to have around the place prior if I can use it..
Yes, you can use a second hand IPF unit, but you need to buy a licence from Regal or EDS. Licence is around $400-450.

If you're only gonna just mess around until you get your aftermarket ECU, I'd just flash the ECU with a Galletto 1260 cable and those maps I sent you. A lot cheaper than the IPF.

I'd only recommend the IPF if you want safe stage tunes for the longer term.

chris_r
10th March 2016, 10:12 PM
Oops, I should mention IPF licences are VIN locked, but the flashing tool isn't. It's also possible to have one tool to flash multiple cars.

ConZo
10th March 2016, 10:36 PM
Yes, you can use a second hand IPF unit, but you need to buy a licence from Regal or EDS. Licence is around $400-450.

If you're only gonna just mess around until you get your aftermarket ECU, I'd just flash the ECU with a Galletto 1260 cable and those maps I sent you. A lot cheaper than the IPF.

I'd only recommend the IPF if you want safe stage tunes for the longer term.

I completely forgot you sent me that haha, I just need to get the cable and upload a stage one map or something for fun. I've only got the intake, catch can and muffler delete done so essentially just the intake..

I'm doing it haha ill be back when I have made a mess of my ECU (now where to find a Windows XP laptop..)

chris_r
10th March 2016, 10:54 PM
I completely forgot you sent me that haha, I just need to get the cable and upload a stage one map or something for fun. I've only got the intake, catch can and muffler delete done so essentially just the intake..

I'm doing it haha ill be back when I have made a mess of my ECU (now where to find a Windows XP laptop..)

Just be aware, there may be issues with the cruise control, as the Galletto maps are for non-AN coded ECUs (All Australian delivered Z20LET Gs have AN serial coded ECUs I believe).

Stage 1 should be fine, stage 2 you'll need a bigger intercooler and maybe exhaust. If you go stage 2, try a low boost tune, as your clutch won't handle much more than that.

dutchy
10th March 2016, 11:42 PM
and also with the eds/ipf secondhand, I believe that you do not need a license if the original owner has returned their car back to standard. He can then just transfer the old vin over to the new vin (so your car) but only when he has returned his car back to the standard original map.