PDA

View Full Version : Forum Is Moving On

poita
10th March 2016, 01:04 AM
So as many people are aware Adam and myself had decided that it was time to move the forum on.

Gladly this has happened.

I will leave it to the new owners to introduce themselves. Although I dare say you will already know them.

The last 7 years (I think lol) have been a blast. Many ups and downs along the way for sure.

I've travelled to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney to meet members. Many of whom have become great friends over the years.

This forum, in a non biased opinion, is by far the best community that I've ever been involved in. At one stage I was a member and used somewhere around 30 forums at a time.

Most have fallen by the wayside but OpelAus was always my fall back. That's what lead to me purchasing it from PaulyJ back in the day.

Over the years it's been built up slowly with forum sponsors coming and going, Opel themselves coming and going, along with many people.

I'm hoping the new owners will take it to the next level it needs to be at. Personally due to a new project I have I need to pay more attention to that.

Adam and myself will still be around, it's like a second home for us here.

The next few weeks/months will be a transition period. With everything slowly moving only.

From what you guys will see from the front end, nothing will change. It will be all us messing with the back end controls.

We'll try not to mess with anything, but if anything changes or go wrong please let us know.

So onto bigger and better things!!

Thanks everyone

JohnBu
10th March 2016, 08:00 AM
7 years already!..

Good luck to your new adventure, and welcome to the new owner/s.

chris_r
10th March 2016, 08:19 AM
Good to see that the forum will live on. Would have been a shame to see all the information here go to waste.

guy 27
10th March 2016, 08:26 AM
Hi everybody :)

faneca
10th March 2016, 08:45 AM
Glad to see the forum is still alive! Here's to another 7 years!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

mickos
10th March 2016, 08:52 AM
Good on ya guy
The forum will keep on trucking on

OpelausAdmin
10th March 2016, 09:00 AM
Hi everybody :)

Where's your sidekick?

Most of my stuff was behind the scenes where I tend to lurk mostly hence why I don't talk as much as I used to. But I can definitely say we've all come a long way since the forum's inception in 2003 (if my rooted memory serves me correctly).

I did the same. Travelled the east coast, met some amazing people, enjoyed some good times, and a lot of the old crew from 5-6 years back have been (and still are) some of my closest friends, you know who you are.

As Pete said, we'll still be around, but just in a moderators capacity helping out where we can in the same capacity we are now (casually).

See you on the flipside, and guy, please behave :lol:

hazrd

MikeCheck
10th March 2016, 09:13 AM
EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Raisin
10th March 2016, 09:16 AM
Nice one! Best of luck to the new owners!

Silver Surfer
10th March 2016, 10:26 AM
Congrats Guy Forum couldn't be in better hands

dutchy
10th March 2016, 11:04 AM
Like many others, we couldn't bear to see the forum end a sudden death and let all go to waste (or being taken over by Chinese investors as per current trends..) This forum will live another day for the benefit of the current, and future, members.
Pete , Adam and the others of the admin team have done a lot of work over the past years for which we are all very thankful. As the guys have indicated, there comes a time in everyone's life that priorities need to shift. That time has come for them and obviously we wish them all the very best in each and every future venture they embark. That all doesn't mean they are no longer members on here, it just means that from now on guy 27 is to be seen as the Guru of this cult and things such as stickers are no longer ordered from poita. Since the Holden lineup will continue to be made up of mostly re-badged Opel's, we might see the active members list even grow.
So please continue to enjoy the forum (post more z20let pictures...:arf:) , support it's members and lets keep this a friendly place :)

ConZo
10th March 2016, 04:36 PM
Congrats guy 27 and well done to poita and others who shaped this place.

I'm glad I don't have to save the entire forum/site to my PC as a knowledge base in case it ever went offline hahaha.

ZomBie
10th March 2016, 05:36 PM
Congrats & Good to hear. Am happy to help out if/where I can.

DJC317
10th March 2016, 06:01 PM
Glad to hear that the forum is going on. I know that I'm new to the community, but there are a lot of great people on here to talk to. guy 27, did you take it on yourself?

Farewell poita, all the best with your future ventures!

guy 27
10th March 2016, 06:33 PM
No there is another person involved.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

DJC317
10th March 2016, 06:34 PM
Haha, yeah so i found out.

No there is another person involved.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

DRMAT
11th March 2016, 08:45 PM
Congrats to both sides and thanks for the last 7 years poita!

Theo
13th March 2016, 04:04 PM
Congrats to both dutchy and guy 27 - its good to see that the knowledge base on all the Opel and Opel sourced vehicles continue.

Also thanks to poita for his efforts over the years in maintaining the forum.

Gsi_Bryce
14th March 2016, 09:44 AM
Congrats Guys!! Must say I'm looking forward to continue being a part of this community [emoji1360]

poita
14th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Moving it on is very bitter sweet indeed. Honestly not sure if it's really sunk in yet. This forum has been a huge part of my life.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Vectracious
17th March 2016, 10:51 AM
Having been on this forum for over 10 years (although being scarce lately) and being a previous admin for 4 ownership changes, I couldn't be happier for guy and Dutchy taking over the reigns.

Thanks also to poita and hazrd for the last few years of forum ownership. ☺

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

dutchy
17th March 2016, 12:16 PM
pressing the LIKE button.

hazrd
18th March 2016, 09:40 PM
pressing the LIKE button.

Wheres the like button mr. admin dude? :P

dutchy
18th March 2016, 10:33 PM
I just pressed it Adam, in tapatalk 😀

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

pd-xc-72464118
17th May 2016, 12:54 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Moving it on is very bitter sweet indeed. Honestly not sure if it's really sunk in yet. This forum has been a huge part of my life.

Hey Poita. Just want to add my thanks for your time at the helm. This forum is a bit like a sporting club of sorts. Isn't that fantastic? It's like we have a core bunch of people who hang out and help each other but the owners/managers/etc sometimes change. Wouldn't it be funny to have annual general meetings and reports from the treasurer, etc? Well we kinda do anyway.

Hopefully shifting your priorities won't be a a big change to sink in for you if you can still pop in every now and then. Personally I find dramatic change in life can be difficult so hopefully that won't be the case for yourself and others here.

Congrats to the new 'board/committee' of management. I think this forum could see something of a revival as all the Opel cars take over the Holden showrooms even more than before.

Glad to see everyone's offering their best wishes and we can keep things up and running as well. My Corsarina and I have been through a lot in the last few years so I'm fairly sure I'll stick with my STaN forever and I hope this forum continues to help me out in that respect, whilst I need to pop in more regularly to help others out. Who knows, maybe one day I'll get a bloody garage where I can actually take more advantage of all the DIY gurus offering great help here, instead of the minimal tinkering I can do from my shitty flat and carport out the back!

dfmt
26th April 2017, 05:48 PM
It's nice to hear such good news, the forum is very useful for me