PDA

View Full Version : Andy - Sydney - AH CDTI Astra

SMIIISH
23rd February 2016, 06:48 PM
Hi all,
New to this forum. Been with other forum groups before so hopefully I won't make too much of an idiot of myself.

Drive an 06 CDTI AH Astra. Started modifying it over the last year although have owned it for almost a decade.
Keen to set up a build thread for input and opinions on future mods. Might look to up the power in a few months time.

For now...

faneca
23rd February 2016, 07:22 PM
Welcome along mate! Nice cleaning looking ride, don't see many modified astras out and about!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

sooty
23rd February 2016, 07:45 PM
Looks like you've put a lot of effort into it, nice work. Keen to see more pics.

Silver Surfer
23rd February 2016, 07:54 PM
Welcome and good work :)

guy 27
23rd February 2016, 08:11 PM
Welcome to oa

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dutchy
23rd February 2016, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Andy. Look forward to see some more pics.

Raisin
23rd February 2016, 11:02 PM
Welcome to OpelAus! I look forward to checking out your build thread once you post it up!

adam_92
24th February 2016, 12:17 AM
Welcome to opelaus mate. Nice looking motor!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

SMIIISH
24th February 2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the hospitality everyone.
I haven't ever seen another Astra out there with this front end. Unique parts are rare and difficult to come by. Interestingly it doesn't seem to attract much attention on the road as I expected. Definitely trying to keep it looking as clean as possible.
Will try and set up a bit of a story to the car soon.

Very keen on hitting up a cruise. I've been on Corolla and Suby cruises and they were awesome. Keen to meet other enthusiastic Astra owners out on the road.

Raisin
24th February 2016, 10:35 PM
Awesome! It's about time we organized another Sydney hangout. It's been a while since the last one.

mylifeasbenjamin
25th February 2016, 05:09 PM
Awesome looking car mate! That front bumper looks wicked! Kinda reminds me of a VY Clubby front end. Love it!

Also, are they the Mars headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poita
25th February 2016, 05:23 PM
Talon front bar I believe, very tidy mate

Sent from my Nintendo 64

dutchy
25th February 2016, 05:50 PM
Think that's a Talon indeed poita . Wasn't there another member not so long ago with the same front bar on a black Astra ?

poita
25th February 2016, 07:01 PM
Gmonkey?

Sent from my Nintendo 64

SMIIISH
25th February 2016, 07:48 PM
Spot on the money guys. Talon X2 Front bar. Also grabbed up a rear spoiler on the same order. Mars Performance headlights. I went for the 5800K 55w low beams and LED indicator upgrade.
Keen to find some other members with the same bar if they're around.

Massive shout out to Dave at Talon. His work is perfect and he is an absolute legend to meet.

mylifeasbenjamin
25th February 2016, 08:07 PM
Spot on the money guys. Talon X2 Front bar. Also grabbed up a rear spoiler on the same order. Mars Performance headlights. I went for the 5800K 55w low beams and LED indicator upgrade.
Keen to find some other members with the same bar if they're around.

Massive shout out to Dave at Talon. His work is perfect and he is an absolute legend to meet.

How have you found the mars headlights ?

SMIIISH
25th February 2016, 08:18 PM
How have you found the mars headlights ?

Love them.

CONS:
Although the first time I went out with them it was raining heavily and came home to find some condensation developed inside. Not sure if it was just a new light thing or what but dried out immediately and haven't seen it since.
Not sure if it's worth the premium for the LED indicator bulbs. They're great to have but you rarely see them. If you're looking to save the money.
You no longer have the factory beam height adjustability although I never used it anyway so no biggy.

PROS:
They're stunning to look at IMO. DRLs definitely update the look of the vehicle and I feel safer knowing that I'm slightly more visible than before. Spend the money on the upgraded low beams. Great night time visibility. Plug and play installation.
The DRL is more cosmetic than functional but I love it.

mylifeasbenjamin
25th February 2016, 08:20 PM
Love them.

CONS:
Although the first time I went out with them it was raining heavily and came home to find some condensation developed inside. Not sure if it was just a new light thing or what but dried out immediately and haven't seen it since.
Not sure if it's worth the premium for the LED indicator bulbs. They're great to have but you rarely see them. If you're looking to save the money.
You no longer have the factory beam height adjustability although I never used it anyway so no biggy.

PROS:
They're stunning to look at IMO. DRLs definitely update the look of the vehicle and I feel safer knowing that I'm slightly more visible than before. Spend the money on the upgraded low beams. Great night time visibility. Plug and play installation.
The DRL is more cosmetic than functional but I love it.

My question was going to be how do you find them condensation wise as mine are appallingly bad.

But I agree, they look great!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160225/fc5ba96bf54558d79c9940c8b359cd09.jpg

SMIIISH
25th February 2016, 09:09 PM
jesus

mylifeasbenjamin
25th February 2016, 09:15 PM
Ring works intermittently. Going to pull them off when I get a chance and have a look at what's causing it