PDA

View Full Version : TC Light on after Wheel Alignment

MikeCheck
15th February 2016, 04:50 PM
And my actual steering wheel seems very, very not aligned.

I feel like they've got to be connected.

The TC might be thinking the steering rack is in a bad position compared to the wheels?

If that sounds right, take it back?

Cheers

M

dutchy
15th February 2016, 06:14 PM
Steering angle sensor might cause that error? Go back and have it redone

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

guy 27
15th February 2016, 06:17 PM
get them to do it again properly!

Manta
17th February 2016, 03:00 PM
And my actual steering wheel seems very, very not aligned.

I feel like they've got to be connected.

The TC might be thinking the steering rack is in a bad position compared to the wheels?

If that sounds right, take it back?

Cheers

M

Absolutely connected.

MikeCheck
22nd February 2016, 03:09 PM
Weird update.

I knew my fronts would probably need some camber adjustment after my session with guy 27, but apparently my rears need 'camber castor kits' as well.

I'm..... incredibly suspicious of this as I've never really heard of it before and I can't think of anyone on here that has them? They're also dickingly expensive (apparently) and I'd rather not right now tbh.

Any insights anyone?

Cheers

M

Silver Surfer
22nd February 2016, 03:36 PM
Not sure how necessary rear kits are But whiteline sell em
www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=HOLDEN&model=ASTRA&model_final=ASTRA+TS+MK+4+INCL+SRI+TURBO&vehicle=9%2F1998-11%2F2004

guy 27
22nd February 2016, 06:02 PM
whats the print out on your rear?

MikeCheck
22nd February 2016, 06:38 PM
whats the print out on your rear?

Good question! I didn't actually GET anything from the mechanic. Didn't know the alignment things printed stuff out even.

I'll call him tomorrow and ask. I assume it'll be the degrees it's out by?

Cheers

M

guy 27
22nd February 2016, 06:38 PM
Send me a photo of it

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

DRMAT
22nd February 2016, 09:34 PM
Weird update.
I knew my fronts would probably need some camber adjustment after my session with guy 27, but apparently my rears need 'camber castor kits' as well.
I'm..... incredibly suspicious of this as I've never really heard of it before and I can't think of anyone on here that has them? They're also dickingly expensive (apparently) and I'd rather not right now tbh.
Any insights anyone?
Cheers
M

Can't vouch for if you need them but i can probably hook you up, used to do loads of GB's on Whiteline for other clubs i was in and usually still get great pricing. I'm in Melb as well. Send me PM with part numbers if you (or anyone) wants stuff.

JohnBu
23rd February 2016, 11:13 AM
Weird update.

Any insights anyone?

Cheers

M

From memory I had the whiteline rear camber kit installed. Without it the lowered suspension was wearing out the inner side of the rear tyres.

I'm certain my wasn't a shim, but bolts.

guy 27
23rd February 2016, 11:58 AM
It's shims in the rear. Bolts for the front.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Manta
23rd February 2016, 01:04 PM
For whats it worth Mike, when I purchased a low mileage 05 Convertible with a multitude of neglect the TCS was illuminated all the way back from the ACT. I upgraded ALL of the suspension, driveline etc and then had the alignment. The light was extinguished. I replaced rotors, calipers, pads. TCS light on. Bled the brakes light now OFF.

I also cleaned every component and replaced dubious sensors with new units. Currently there a no warning lights on and no error codes. I have tested the vehicle and all is ok.

Is your TCS light still illuminated?

MikeCheck
23rd February 2016, 01:46 PM
It seems to be feeling a fair bit more straight after they gave it another go yesterday, and no TC light this morning on the way to work.

I'll see how I go over the week though and report back. Also will need to call the mechanic to get that print out if they have it.

Cheers all

M