PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying an Insignia.

d-king24
13th October 2015, 09:31 AM
Just want your opinion on whether or not it would be a good idea to go for a 2012 opel insignia 2.0cdti?
I mean after the opel closed its doors here and now Holden bringing them in I'm just worried for the re-sale side of things...

Thanks.

poita
13th October 2015, 10:18 AM
Re-sale? What's that. If it's Opel badged forget even considering that as an option.

No doubt if you are looking at buying one it will be stupidly cheap to begin with.

If it suits your needs/wants and your budget then buy it.

Don't buy it looking to sell it off again for similar money.

Due to Opel's pathetic 11 month stint here the prices with forever remain ruined on Opel badged vehicles.

Sorry to sound so negative about it all, just the way it is.

Links to the car you're looking at?

SIMid
13th October 2015, 11:50 AM
Buy it, rebadge it as a Holden and you should get an extra $5K on the price.

d-king24
13th October 2015, 12:19 PM
I wont be selling it any time soon.
There's one on carsales from Glen Waverley holden that I went to see it and looks very nice. Said they could drop the price $1000
But Im just not sure if I should go for it or just wait until the new 2015 models come out.

Also 5-10 years from now what would it be like to get parts?
From what I know the new model has a different diesel motor and if there aren't many of 2012 models to begin with then....?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Opel-Insignia-2012/AGC-AD-18390472/?wt.z_driver=homepage_Recently_Viewed1

JohnBu
13th October 2015, 10:32 PM
If you're planning on keeping it for over 5 years resale isn't going to be an issue.

The difference between a car with the highest resale and this car is going to be a few thousand dollars at most. Usually small cars like a Corolla will have the highest resale.

Parts aren't going to be an issue has Holden will support it, plus you can always import them cheaper from overseas.

If it suits your needs, then go for it.

Bargain harder, the worst they can say is no.