PDA

View Full Version : So I am back...

ConZo
1st October 2015, 10:42 AM
Well guys, I am going to get some "I told you so's..." here but I am back.

So I sold the SRi Turbo and bought an XR6 Turbo as I said I was going to do.

Long story short I built the XR6 Turbo into something I like (picture below) and spent more money on repairs etc than I have ever planned to.

I took a big step back the other day and realized I was stuck in a never ending circle of spending and the XR6T was no closer to being 100% right...

Needless to say the XR has now been sold and guess what I bought back?

My 90,000klm SRi Turbo sold to my father of all people when I got rid of it, he has put about 800klms on it since then. My dad is elderly and couldn't really get in and out of it well so I have just done him a favor and bought it back! :yesnod:

I have missed the SRi ever since I sold it and it will be my new project (again) and it is NOT going anywhere this time.

Hoping everyone has been well while I was away from the forums and I finally look forward to meeting you all at the next Gold Coast/Brisbane meet.

http://i60.tinypic.com/k1bfwx.jpg

delemonte
1st October 2015, 12:44 PM
Glad to have ya back :)

What kind of issues were ya having with the XR6T?

dutchy
1st October 2015, 01:11 PM
:buttkick: welcome back.

chris_r
1st October 2015, 01:48 PM
XR6Ts aren't bad cars, but when things go wrong with them, they go wrong big time. I sold mine just in time with 260,000 on the clock, because I heard about 40,000 kms later, it split a piston in half and opened up some new ventilation in the block. Mind you, the new owner was a bit of a dick behind the wheel too, so that probably contributed to it's demise.

Raisin
1st October 2015, 08:56 PM
Welcome back!

ConZo
3rd October 2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks =)

ConZo
6th October 2015, 11:17 AM
So it's been cleaned inside out and is back inside my garage; I have to do this every time I get a new car thanks to my OCD...

I have a small list of things, new tyres, coilovers, new intake (I sold mine when the car sold) and tidying up some interior items; but when is a car ever 'finished' right?

I honestly forgot how well these can go, it feels far less lazy than my auto XR6T did, my elderly father was kind enough to keep my boost gauge installed where I left it and leave the rear BCS bypass in place when I sold him the car.

http://i61.tinypic.com/20zz539.jpg