PDA

View Full Version : Ah Astra stereo question

shifty
7th September 2015, 06:43 PM
I love my astra but theres one thing that REALLY annoys me! Whenever i start my car the stereo comes on automatically, is this normal? Every time before i switch her off I've gotta turn the freakn volume down bcoz whenever i kick her over i like to listen to the engine for any noises etc... Do all ah stereos do this?
Yea i know its abit of a stupid question but gotta ask.

Sent from my Boost View 5.0 using Tapatalk

red_man
7th September 2015, 09:46 PM
Yes this is normal best thing you could do is turn it all the way down. I know on mine (cdc40) you can choose the startup volume

shifty
8th September 2015, 07:15 AM
I think mines the cd30,that start up option would be nice. Every time i start it after the misses has been in it it almost blows my head off.
Thinking about replacing stereo anyway although ive heard theres afew dramas involved

quirkymac
23rd September 2015, 02:06 PM
Hi there...the radio can be set to start when turning the car on or this option can be disabled. Go into settings and locate ignition logic. In the same area you can also set the maximum volume at which the radio starts up with. If not set it will start at the volume that it was set at when the car was turned off.

Hope that helps.

shifty
23rd September 2015, 06:10 PM
Thanks heaps! I havent seen ignition logic on the display before, or is it written in a shorter version or code of some sort? If its the same settings im thinking do u hold settings button until it beeps then press the button on right side just below display? What button do i press to select on or off?

red_man
23rd September 2015, 08:03 PM
I just remembered if you press the sound button then settings you can adjust the startup volume. I don't know if this option on the cd30

shifty
24th September 2015, 07:28 AM
Hi there...the radio can be set to start when turning the car on or this option can be disabled. Go into settings and locate ignition logic. In the same area you can also set the maximum volume at which the radio starts up with. If not set it will start at the volume that it was set at when the car was turned off.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help i just turned ignition logic off. I cant believe i hadnt seen it before. As simple as pressing settings then directional down then u can choose off or on. Big help cheers

quirkymac
24th September 2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the help i just turned ignition logic off. I cant believe i hadnt seen it before. As simple as pressing settings then directional down then u can choose off or on. Big help cheers

To access it in mine a cd30 I hit the settings button which then shows audio on the screen, I hit the down arrow once to get to system, then hit the right key 7 times to get me to ignition logic. Then use the up or down key to turn it on or off.

To set the start up volume . Again settings once to display audio then right key 6 times to get to on volume. Mine is set to 6..which is good for me. Use the up or down key to adjust. To save the settings just set the value you want then wait about 10secs and it will return to the menu.

Hope that helps.

shifty
28th September 2015, 07:01 AM
To access it in mine a cd30 I hit the settings button which then shows audio on the screen, I hit the down arrow once to get to system, then hit the right key 7 times to get me to ignition logic. Then use the up or down key to turn it on or off.

To set the start up volume . Again settings once to display audio then right key 6 times to get to on volume. Mine is set to 6..which is good for me. Use the up or down key to adjust. To save the settings just set the value you want then wait about 10secs and it will return to the menu.

Hope that helps.
With ignition logic off will the stereo turn off automatically after a certain amount of time after i turn my car off? I walked out to check if my car was locked and noticed the radio was still on, it was only about 10mins after i turned the car off but hoping i dont have to turn radio off manually before i get outta car as i WILL forget and every time and end up with a flat battery.

dutchy
28th September 2015, 07:53 AM
How can you forget to turn off the radio when you hear music ?! If you turn it off manually a few times, it becomes a normal/automatic thing to do (just like locking your car or putting on your seatbelt...)

shifty
28th September 2015, 07:09 PM
How can you forget to turn off the radio when you hear music ?! If you turn it off manually a few times, it becomes a normal/automatic thing to do (just like locking your car or putting on your seatbelt...)
Lol bcoz i have a bad habit of turning the volume right down when crap music comes on the radio.Its true what u said though after afew times turning off it will become normal, na lets stick with automatic coz im far from normal[emoji15] [emoji23]