PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for next mod for 01 Astra CD

Namus
1st February 2005, 05:49 PM
Need suggestions on wat the next mod should be for my car....most of the aesthetic (look at stuff) things have been done like wheels, brakes, suspension (incl shocks), sound

Now i don't know what to do...

Here are my list of things i had in mind:

- Luminous (glow in the dark) dials
- Port n polish the heads
- Unichip (has been covered in another thread)
- Exhaust (see question below)
- Opelising incl grill with half chrome round outer perimeter
- Getting seats bolstered (more padding in them to get more support)

With exhaust; it will be a 2 1/4in system from cat back.....but thing i want to know is will it acutally give me more performance or not? is it simply overrated?? I don't want the noise; jus more go....

With regards to above; suggest anything; preferably things which will only take a day to do, but just anything....reasonable.....not things which i have already done....here's a template u guys can use..

Mod:
Wat's it do:
How much:
How long to install:

Cheers guys

Anonymous
1st February 2005, 06:55 PM
for exhaust, I'd go for a maximum 2inch cat back stainless steel item. They are lighter then mild steel, and sound better. Furthermore, you will more than likely not loose too much back pressure.

Getting the seats bolstered is an excellent idea. Standard astra seats are absolute crap!

Degen-Astra
1st February 2005, 06:56 PM
Dials - If you just want to go the change of color option, i suggest the new Narva globes.
Exhaust - Not simply over rated, if you want more performance a larger pipe will help you. *Too big of an exhaust pipe causes power loss, especially in low-end torque, because a big pipe has less exhaust stream velocity than a smaller pipe. (Taken from - http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/9912scc_ssbbpart2/index.html)

Namus
1st February 2005, 07:27 PM
how much incl fitting for a 2in stainless item?? approx..

Anonymous
1st February 2005, 10:32 PM
max, 1500.

why buy crap?

Kwijy
1st February 2005, 11:05 PM
max, 1500.

why buy crap?

cause it's cheap! :P :wink:
but seriously, i agree, you would probably be looking anywhere between $700-$1300 for a good cat-back exhaust.

Namus
2nd February 2005, 05:43 AM
HOLY S***!!!!!!! up to $1500.....by 'good' i take it u mean stainless steel??

i really hope it's worth it....will it be more responsive??

Anonymous
2nd February 2005, 08:52 AM
considering you spend the money and the time, yes it should be responsive. 8)

Namus
2nd February 2005, 05:28 PM
okay so the exhaust i should be asking for is:

2in stainless steel cat back...is that it?

should i go for mandrel bent or crush bent?

wat is the price difference between the two? is it worth (i.e. will i notice a difference)

R3N
3rd February 2005, 05:26 AM
mandrel bent ensures that the diameter along the whole piping is consistent (ie. 2" the whole way) so the flow is smoother through the piping, no little kinks or bottlenecks