PDA

View Full Version : Eds and maps.

andy76
29th July 2015, 06:37 PM
Hi all,

This may have came up before but has any one purchased the eds unit and there maps from eds themselves or purchased through Regal auto sports?
The reason I ask is how different are the maps between the two?

Cheers.

dutchy
29th July 2015, 06:45 PM
exactly the same maps.

andy76
30th July 2015, 11:35 AM
Sweet, cheers for the info.

SilentShout
9th August 2015, 06:18 PM
not to hijack the thread, but are there eds maps available for the z18xe donk??

I heard some info on the internet but alot of it is so old now im not sure if it could be trusted.

andy76
9th August 2015, 08:15 PM
Not quite sure. Have a look on Eds Motorsport website, that's where I found mine.

SilentShout
9th August 2015, 08:22 PM
sick checked out eds motorsport (different to last one i found just typing eds into google, maybe a false site?)

after alot of translating i found an "EDS stage 1" which aparrently bumps HP to 103kw (atf im assuming) but apart from telling me it increases nm by 20, theres nothing on how it works. If a unit is shipped over, or i have to send the ecu.

That one sets you back at roughly 199 euro.

Stage 2 is a whopping 799 euro with a power increase to 110kw.

eep :lol:

chris_r
9th August 2015, 08:40 PM
sick checked out eds motorsport (different to last one i found just typing eds into google, maybe a false site?)

after alot of translating i found an "EDS stage 1" which aparrently bumps HP to 103kw (atf im assuming) but apart from telling me it increases nm by 20, theres nothing on how it works. If a unit is shipped over, or i have to send the ecu.

That one sets you back at roughly 199 euro.

Stage 2 is a whopping 799 euro with a power increase to 110kw.

eep :lol:

Stage 2 for the Z18XE comes with Schrick 264 cams, which is why it's nearly 800EUR.

SilentShout
9th August 2015, 08:54 PM
That makes more sence. Its kind of irrelivant anyway as long as i stick with the idea of boosting the 1.8

Not having much luck with the ecu though. Going to see if warren g can flash it with the dbilas tune. He hasnt got back to me yet though.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

dutchy
9th August 2015, 10:13 PM
Same as Mtech tune.

SilentShout
10th August 2015, 05:44 PM
Spoke with Warren G and no go on the map file or bench tuning the ecu.

Will most likely look at aftermarket piggyback management or something similar which will set the project back a bit.

Ah well, the things we do for fun. :lol:

andy76
10th August 2015, 06:17 PM
The one I worked out for my car, 06 Sri turbo, came with the eds unit and software as a package for 449 EUR but I don't think you pay the tax so should 19% off that price. Will have to check that though.

dutchy
11th August 2015, 09:40 PM
The one I worked out for my car, 06 Sri turbo, came with the eds unit and software as a package for 449 EUR but I don't think you pay the tax so should 19% off that price. Will have to check that though.

there's indeed no gst/vat/btw on purchases from overseas. You might have import duties if value of the goods is over 1000 dollars and then gst is added on top of that total value.

andy76
12th August 2015, 03:35 PM
Cheers for the info.

Brando47
26th August 2015, 01:54 PM
sorry to jump in late, further to the original question is there any difference in the support you get ordering from Regal or EDS? I kinda want to save a few $$$ and order through EDS (with the exchange rates at the moment) but if they don't even speak english I'm not sure if it's worth getting from Regal in case I have any issues? Anyone have any experiences?

dutchy
26th August 2015, 05:00 PM
sorry to jump in late, further to the original question is there any difference in the support you get ordering from Regal or EDS? I kinda want to save a few $$$ and order through EDS (with the exchange rates at the moment) but if they don't even speak english I'm not sure if it's worth getting from Regal in case I have any issues? Anyone have any experiences?

The guys at eds do speak English though somewhat difficult to understand. For that reason, most get their eds stuff through Regal but there are more companies than Regal that sell the eds ipf. If it's dollars you're looking at just get it at eds in Germany.

SilentShout
26th August 2015, 07:37 PM
and dont try Dbilas :lol:

Sent an email 2 weeks ago seeing if they would sell me the Stage 1 tune (just the tune) and id send my ecu over for them to flash and send it back.

Recieved an automated reply in german, Not a word since :(

guess thats another possibility to strike off my list :(

dutchy
26th August 2015, 09:32 PM
and dont try Dbilas :lol:

Sent an email 2 weeks ago seeing if they would sell me the Stage 1 tune (just the tune) and id send my ecu over for them to flash and send it back.

Recieved an automated reply in german, Not a word since :(

guess thats another possibility to strike off my list :(

Mtech do that, send in your ecu and they tune it and send it back. Then there are some local tuners that can also do it for you but that aint gonna be cheap.

SilentShout
26th August 2015, 10:07 PM
Do they do a turbo tune though?? Or just a generic "stage 1" tune? Ill shoot them an email about it regardless and see what they say.

Also tried all tuning shops within 250kms fro. The goldie. They either laughed, said "but its a barina" or were nice enough to say they didnt know how to tune it.

Contacted Bayside up at cleaveland by email as i was told they are the place to go however no reply. When i called they said they dont do the barina anymore.

That was about 6 months ago though. In saying that it would be hells expensive.

dutchy
26th August 2015, 10:19 PM
Do they do a turbo tune though?? Or just a generic "stage 1" tune? Ill shoot them an email about it regardless and see what they say.

Also tried all tuning shops within 250kms fro. The goldie. They either laughed, said "but its a barina" or were nice enough to say they didnt know how to tune it.

Contacted Bayside up at cleaveland by email as i was told they are the place to go however no reply. When i called they said they dont do the barina anymore.

That was about 6 months ago though. In saying that it would be hells expensive.

just shoot an email to Patrick at Mtech and see what he says. As for Cleveland, better pop in next time you're in the area and speak to James. I can only guess the amount of emails these blokes get on a daily basis and to reply to all of them would be near impossible.

SilentShout
26th August 2015, 10:40 PM
Email sent, lets see how it goes.

Brando47
26th August 2015, 11:49 PM
The guys at eds do speak English though somewhat difficult to understand. For that reason, most get their eds stuff through Regal but there are more companies than Regal that sell the eds ipf. If it's dollars you're looking at just get it at eds in Germany.

Happy to spend an extra couple hundred to make sure I can get support if I need it, not looking to cheap out. Be good to know they can adjust the tune in some way for me if I need it or if I'm having trouble getting it working as they seem like they're fiddly at times. Emailed Regal for a quote to get it shipped over, 90 quid just for postage haha hoping I'm not just gonna have to wait on the exchange rate to improve

delemonte
27th August 2015, 11:25 AM
I'm not just gonna have to wait on the exchange rate to improve

By the time the dollar improves, they'll have probably already introduced the blanket import tax on everything :(

Brando47
27th August 2015, 12:11 PM
By the time the dollar improves, they'll have probably already introduced the blanket import tax on everything :(

I was just talking about that with someone, sounds like a good enough excuse to order now haha

dutchy
27th August 2015, 08:32 PM
even if the exchange rate would change by an extreme 3%, that's still not much of a difference dollar wise.