PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

imtfbundy
8th July 2015, 06:30 PM
I'll be getting a company car soon so I need to decide what should I do with my Corsa OPC.

I've though about just parking it in the garage and using it every now and then, and I've also thought about selling it.

If I go the latter option I have no idea what to ask for it as I can't seam to find any for sale. =/

My Cars about to hit 50000kms

What's everyone thoughts on this?

chris_r
8th July 2015, 07:54 PM
I'd probably be tempted to keep it, depending on what you get for a company car. If they give you something boring like a Camry or a Yaris, I'd keep it.

Whilst working as a contractor for StarTrack these days, I have my own van for work. Handy to have outside of work on occasion, but I'd still rather have something else as a fun drive or runabout for the weekend. Then again, I'm spending 12 hours a day in and out of a van, having something like the SRi is just what I need to escape the monotony of driving the one vehicle all day, every day.

But, it all comes down to your situation and your preference.

dutchy
8th July 2015, 08:16 PM
I'd probably be tempted to keep it, depending on what you get for a company car. If they give you something boring like a Camry or a Yaris, I'd keep it.

Whilst working as a contractor for StarTrack these days, I have my own van for work. Handy to have outside of work on occasion, but I'd still rather have something else as a fun drive or runabout for the weekend. Then again, I'm spending 12 hours a day in and out of a van, having something like the SRi is just what I need to escape the monotony of driving the one vehicle all day, every day.

But, it all comes down to your situation and your preference.

Will you miss the car once it's sold ?

poita
8th July 2015, 08:33 PM
Or regret selling it?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

adam_92
8th July 2015, 09:17 PM
Youre honestly probably not gonna get a lot for it. The fact they were being sold off brand new for 20k and yours has 50,000kms doesn't make resale very good. Id keep it locked up if you can afford it and bring it out for a squirt on a weekend

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

dutchy
9th July 2015, 07:57 AM
You can also give her to me. She'll have a good home here and you're around the corner if you want to play with her ;)

Shadow110
9th July 2015, 07:26 PM
You can also give her to me. She'll have a good home here and you're around the corner if you want to play with her ;)
He just want to fap all over it... ;)

Put her in a garage and blast it on weekends for fun IMO...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Elliot_O
10th July 2015, 01:11 PM
If you can afford it, keep it. Otherwise I'm sure you'll sell it, perhaps even to someone on here...

dutchy
10th July 2015, 08:03 PM
He just want to fap all over it... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll make sure it stays clean
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/fap_zpspcuqy5dk.jpg

hazrd
11th July 2015, 07:48 AM
^^ LLLOOOLL :lol: :rofl1:

Keep it. Also on the note of camry/yaris, what if the rules for it are no out of work driving (due to taxes) so you'd be stuck then

dutchy
11th July 2015, 12:00 PM
Even if you not drive it while not working (because you have a private car), you'll still get the fringe benefit taxes at the minimum (I believe 5% of the toal amount of km's per year but I could be wrong). You are even taxed if the car is parked at for instance the airport because they deem the car to be under your control.