PDA

View Full Version : pedal for nothing .....

steely
30th May 2015, 06:36 PM
6am..started as usual . some water to clear windows while it warming up . jump in go to drive off pedal down she no go she no rev . just idleing as per normal but nothing when pedal pressure applied. tried to find an loose connection or fuse but i had no idea and not much light. tried it later that day numerous times same thing . this i got onto researching and found some simular issues and went out thinking it is a computer prob and needing to reset codes and possibly a costly scenario that can be hard to nail down . . when i went to start it this time it was sound a bit rough and the not starting at all . and the key was hard to turn along with putting it back to park from drive . wich i no the previous owner had had issues i continued researching elsewhere as my forum reg was still to be activated Poita and found a suggestn to disconnect battery . so did that then went to the local footy. got back connected batt and turned it over a thou still rough i could feel throttle response. after a hand full of tries it started with normal throttle response back after a min it or so the engine was rid of the rough idle. i turn eng off and and back on .tho still tight the key was much better the some puhes on the brakewhile pushing tbar to park helped it click back in. after a few blockies and stop starts ,all three issues were completley clear up . but i thing its something that is likely to occur again so if any guys or girls can help with the proper terms and where the fault comes it would help with going straight to the source of the fault. keep safe all .thanks

guy 27
30th May 2015, 09:12 PM
what model?

could be bad connection to tb or acc pedal or one of those 2 components failing.

steely
30th May 2015, 11:34 PM
thanks for you reply Guy , been watchin videos on cleaning n servicing the TB . would loose or dirty connection be the cause of the Key and gear selector issues that seemed to become difficult to operate