PDA

View Full Version : Holden Astra VXR aka OPC under $40k

JohnBu
29th April 2015, 01:19 PM
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/holdens-golf-gti-rival-priced-under-40k-20150428-1mvef7.html

Sharp pricing!

poita
29th April 2015, 03:09 PM
Too little too late

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

hazrd
29th April 2015, 04:41 PM
I have a sneak peak at the review for this thing......

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/opel-astra-opc-review-12414#.VUCK5XZ--Ag

Shaun
29th April 2015, 05:01 PM
Wouldn't those who bought under the Opel banner be pissed now based on the pricing ! I think its a good price though . Even my VXR AH was $43990 Drive away . I think holden have done well with the pricing.
Be interested to see where the VXR Insignia will sit in the pricing scale.

eddysdaman
29th April 2015, 06:32 PM
Wouldn't those who bought under the Opel banner be pissed now based on the pricing !

Don't get me started.
Comes standard with the 20"s as well (was +1k option)

Weird thing, doesn't seem to have Xenons and AFLs anymore - also seems to come with a slightly updated Navi system and it has a tyre pressure monitoring system. Not much has changed in 3 years.

chris_r
30th April 2015, 06:30 AM
Has anyone thought it's cheaper just because they put the Holden badge on it?

adam_92
30th April 2015, 11:03 AM
That badge alone devalues the car. Plus theyre probably gonna bring in a shit tonne more cars so they can sell them cheaper. Bulk buy kinda scenario. Considering opel was only 1, maybe 2 dealerships per state they were a pretty rare "premium" brand.

Still doesnt excuse the ripoff prices they charged opel owners.

JohnBu
30th April 2015, 12:27 PM
Don't get me started.
Comes standard with the 20"s as well (was +1k option)

Weird thing, doesn't seem to have Xenons and AFLs anymore - also seems to come with a slightly updated Navi system and it has a tyre pressure monitoring system. Not much has changed in 3 years.

Yeah disappointing they don't have Xenons anymore. Was it standard or an option in OPC guise?

I think they tried to simplify the range by having no options, ala Focus ST and keeping the price as low as they can.

I haven't really kept track of the OPC Astra, but there are any common or persistent issues with the car (other than expensive brembo brake replacement and easily chipped paint)?

adam_92
30th April 2015, 12:34 PM
Brakes, gps/radio is the only issues iv seen

nigelh
30th April 2015, 01:45 PM
It's strange that they are still going to sell the Arden blue because I think in the UK Vauxhall have stop selling the Arden because of the paint chip issue.
No problems with the brakes just the cost of rotors but eddysdaman has fixed that for us, also it seems Autovaux now have oe ones at a better price.

JohnBu
30th April 2015, 02:08 PM
yeah, I knew the brakes worked well, but just the cost of it.

What are the cost of replacing the rotors / pads?

chris_r
30th April 2015, 05:56 PM
I feel for those of you who paid a higher price for your Opels. But at least now there's a good chance of buying overpriced genuine parts at the stealers for a minimum of the next 10 years.

mondo
30th April 2015, 05:58 PM
bloody hell there are some clueless numpties on facebook commenting stories on car pages about the astra coming back. all anti holden or anti fwd bogans...

chris_r
30th April 2015, 06:10 PM
bloody hell there are some clueless numpties on facebook commenting stories on car pages about the astra coming back. all anti holden or anti fwd bogans...

It's facebook. What more is there to say?

hazrd
1st May 2015, 07:32 AM

It's facebook. What more is there to say?

You cant fix stupid.... Then Facebook came along and made it worse

Jen
1st May 2015, 08:54 AM
Stupid has always been there, Facebook just made it that much more visible!

mondo
1st May 2015, 07:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TeUunmY.jpg

Theo
1st May 2015, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't those who bought under the Opel banner be pissed now based on the pricing ! I think its a good price though . Even my VXR AH was $43990 Drive away . I think holden have done well with the pricing.
Be interested to see where the VXR Insignia will sit in the pricing scale.
No really, Adelaide Opel were selling OPC's for around $35k towards the end. It will screw them around though when selling their car or trading it in.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Bairdy1
2nd May 2015, 09:59 AM
Closer to $45k in WA5850

THeX
2nd May 2015, 01:51 PM
Makes me wonder how hard it is to source Opel badges and get rid of the Lion ones on this. I still prefer the Opel OPC badges on this car.

dutchy
2nd May 2015, 03:07 PM
Makes me wonder how hard it is to source Opel badges and get rid of the Lion ones on this. I still prefer the Opel OPC badges on this car.

some badges would be easy to change but for some it might be more difficult.

THeX
2nd May 2015, 04:19 PM
some badges would be easy to change but for some it might be more difficult.

The front grille I'd imagine would be a swap but the bootlid button and steering wheel might be a bit trickier.

Theo
2nd May 2015, 07:00 PM
The front grille I'd imagine would be a swap but the bootlid button and steering wheel might be a bit trickier.
Boot would be easy, but as dutchy mentioned the steering wheel would difficult and then you would need to also change the engine cover too.

dutchy
2nd May 2015, 08:35 PM
think you'd have some difficulty in finding an opc grill at this moment. Maybe an aftermarket one is easier. Wheel badges wouldn't be that easy to find as well I guess. Boot is easy. The regular Astra's as were sold here have a separate plastic piece which has the boot badge.

Theo
2nd May 2015, 09:44 PM
think you'd have some difficulty in finding an opc grill at this moment. Maybe an aftermarket one is easier. Wheel badges wouldn't be that easy to find as well I guess. Boot is easy. The regular Astra's as were sold here have a separate plastic piece which has the boot badge.
Surely get OPC grilles or badges through Holden shouldn't be and issue.

adam_92
2nd May 2015, 09:50 PM

They're not if you want to remortgage your house and sell your first born...

dutchy
3rd May 2015, 07:50 AM

I doubt Holden would be ordering Opel grill and badges , if they did, as Adam says, they'd possible want your kidney in return. Depending on the model of wheels, these badges would be very hard to find as well.

THeX
3rd May 2015, 10:13 AM
I doubt Holden would be ordering Opel grill and badges , if they did, as Adam says, they'd possible want your kidney in return. Depending on the model of wheels, these badges would be very hard to find as well.

Import from Germany would probably be an option, but then the mailing/postage would be a killer.

poita
3rd May 2015, 12:00 PM
Postage is sfa from the UK. Try buying things from the USA

dutchy
3rd May 2015, 12:22 PM
Postage is sfa from the UK. Try buying things from the USA

Yes but Americans always try to fk you over :)

hazrd
4th May 2015, 07:23 AM
Closer to $45k in WA5850

This shits me to no end (not you, the way any car is marketed)

"Buy this car for only $39,990"

Person saves up $39,990

Goes in to dealership

"oh sir, you have to add on dealer delivery costs, and stamp duty, and any other taxes, oh yes, you also need to register the car for 12 months, that will be $49,990 thanks"

People see a car and assume oh my god thats cheap, when it really isnt.

chris_r
4th May 2015, 09:55 AM

One word: Autovaux. You want Opel and OPC badges, grilles, etc, these would be the guys I'd be getting them from.

Red AH SRI T
14th May 2015, 05:32 PM
This shits me to no end (not you, the way any car is marketed)

"Buy this car for only $39,990"

Person saves up $39,990

Goes in to dealership

"oh sir, you have to add on dealer delivery costs, and stamp duty, and any other taxes, oh yes, you also need to register the car for 12 months, that will be $49,990 thanks"

People see a car and assume oh my god thats cheap, when it really isnt.

News sites can only say the RRP of the vehicle. Anyone wanting a drive away price can get that on the manufacturers site as they can only advertise drive away pricing.

hazrd
15th May 2015, 07:13 AM
News sites can only say the RRP of the vehicle. Anyone wanting a drive away price can get that on the manufacturers site as they can only advertise drive away pricing.

Correct. You and I know that. It's frustrating that those are the rules. Understandably it varies from state to state but its still annoying when you see so many people take the RRP as gospel when they see it on a news site