PDA

View Full Version : GTA V on PC

DRMAT
25th April 2015, 10:49 AM
Anyone playing? "Drmat1" if you wanna play online!

guy 27
25th April 2015, 11:29 AM
Just started playing one ps3 again.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

poita
25th April 2015, 01:10 PM
Play on ps3, my video card isn't up to it on pc

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Shadow110
25th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Raisin

Raisin
25th April 2015, 05:32 PM
I added you. I go by "NotAPrune" on there.

DRMAT
25th April 2015, 08:49 PM
Added.

Brando47
26th April 2015, 02:26 AM
Ooh yes been playing most nights, "Brando47"

DRMAT
26th April 2015, 03:22 PM
Sorry we couldn't quite get hooked up last night Raisin... was my first go on the online section so had the tutorial and then was trying to get used to the weird ass interface and job accepting etc in between people trying to kill me and a cheater already! mofo was invulnerable with 4 of us shooting him!

poita
26th April 2015, 04:03 PM
Get used to it. PS3 is rife with modders.

And considering how easy it is to mod PC games. Will be full of them

What's specs are you guys running?

Brando47
26th April 2015, 04:19 PM
Been a few years since I built my computer and even then was a budget build (GTX 560, i7 2600k and 8GB RAM) so it struggles a bit with any of the higher settings, the recommended for me was the lowest settings for everything and it even wanted me to downgrade my resolution to like 1280x960 haha. Found I can get away with bumping up most things to medium settings if I leave texture detail down low and still run my monitor 1920x1080 and get a stable 30fps

Brando47
26th April 2015, 04:21 PM
Have a mate with a 980 and he can't even run it on full settings haha, unlike the last GTA it seems to be ported to PC pretty well but they've really gone to town with the graphics. Does look great though

Raisin
26th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Sorry we couldn't quite get hooked up last night Raisin... was my first go on the online section so had the tutorial and then was trying to get used to the weird ass interface and job accepting etc in between people trying to kill me and a cheater already! mofo was invulnerable with 4 of us shooting him!

No problem man, I was just messing around in the world and trying out some heists. I also encountered a couple of guys who wouldn't die, it's quite annoying. At least there is passive mode when that happens.

Get used to it. PS3 is rife with modders.

And considering how easy it is to mod PC games. Will be full of them

What's specs are you guys running?

My PC is a mishmash of old and new parts that has been evolved as my PC uses have changed. I have an i7 870, 32GB of RAM, AMD 7970, a couple of SSDs for Windows and programs and then 2 500GB HDDs in RAID-0 that hosts my rentals from the local video store.

The CPU and motherboard are about 5 years old now so I'm thinking of building a new system at the end of the year, but we will see how that goes.

DRMAT
9th May 2015, 08:06 PM
Man the load times are a bitch online. Played a mission last night that was interesting... 2 of the 4 were russian, 1 had no mike and the lag was so bad we were teleporting all over the place on my screen at least! They need to fix the matchmaking so similar pings end up together!

Raisin
10th May 2015, 11:27 PM
Man the load times are a bitch online. Played a mission last night that was interesting... 2 of the 4 were russian, 1 had no mike and the lag was so bad we were teleporting all over the place on my screen at least! They need to fix the matchmaking so similar pings end up together!

Yep! My friends and I jokingly call it Grandtheft Loadscreen V. I keep getting Koreans when I try play missions, I know a tiny amount of Korean, but definitely not enough to converse over a mission so I know how you feel. I've started only doing missions if my friends are online and we can fill the lobby ourselves.

DRMAT
13th May 2015, 01:42 PM
Yeah you're not wrong... trying to do jobs with random people is an exercise in frustration. Long load times, mega lag, then someone drops out and it kills the whole job. Tried some mission last night stealing some motorbikes, all went well until we had to leave and one of the guys lag wouldn't let him actually ride the bike!

poita
13th May 2015, 06:08 PM
Seems like the only platform they give a **** about is PS4/XBONE. Have heard nothing but issues with the rest.

Raisin
13th May 2015, 09:45 PM
Seems like the only platform they give a **** about is PS4/XBONE. Have heard nothing but issues with the rest.

They've actually done a great job with the game on PC. Probably one of the best AAA launches I've seen in a long time, but just due to the sheer scale of it and what they are trying to do it isn't without issues. The game runs very well, but I think the online sessions are P2P so if you start getting too many people in or somebody with a bad connection joins, it does impact the whole session.

DRMAT
15th May 2015, 05:52 PM
Yeah the game, gameplay and graphics are great.... the multiplayer just needs better matchmaking to keep people in at least the same region of the world if not the same country.

poita
15th May 2015, 09:04 PM
They've actually done a great job with the game on PC. Probably one of the best AAA launches I've seen in a long time,

Only because they delayed it about 4 times and 12 mths lol

Raisin
15th May 2015, 10:02 PM
Only because they delayed it about 4 times and 12 mths lol

Lol true.

DRMAT
14th June 2015, 04:26 PM
Anyone else finding GTA Online just such a pain in the ass between lag, massive load times, hackers, overpowered players, getting kicked from missions, people dropping out of missions etc... that is just isn't even worth playing? I've been on for more than an hour for about 10mins of actual game time, killed a dozen times by players in fully armoured cars that can't be hurt and another dozen by either cheating or heavily lagging players that take no damage or when you have them dead to rights they disappear and then suddenly reappear nearby. All it's doing is pissing me off!

poita
14th June 2015, 08:55 PM
Sounds exactly like PS3. None of the above on PS4 at all.

No sure with all the hackers at all.

DRMAT
15th June 2015, 10:37 PM
Much easier to load hacks on PC... aimbots, wallhacks, invincibility etc Happens in every online game.

poita
15th June 2015, 10:42 PM
Much easier to load hacks on PC... aimbots, wallhacks, invincibility etc Happens in every online game.

It's just as easy on PS3 too. Every lobby has at least one modder these days. Ruins the game for those who want to play it legit.