PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day

opc08u
10th April 2015, 01:28 PM
Hi,

I was having a discussion with a friend recently about pre loved cars and what you buy if........There were two cars, identical models and age but both with different histories.

Car 1. A one owner from new. never smashed always garaged, perfect maintenance history. Not restored in any way and totally factory spec. But was in exceptional original condition but showing its age a little lets say the car was 10 or more years old. Stone chipped paint, the interior a little worn and has low klms for its age.

or

Car 2. Several owners, no log books, un-able to confirm its history execpt the current owner who has, repainted it, restored the interior and mechanicals, modified it lots so it is much faster, new wheels and tyres, shocks, springs etc and overall looks very very good has had lots spent on it but has lots more klms than car 1

Which would you buy. Both are the same price. :woohoo:

guy 27
10th April 2015, 01:38 PM
car 1. i'd rather have the full history on the car.

Raisin
10th April 2015, 02:38 PM
Same, I'd go Car 1. Last thing I want to do is inherit an unknown headache from mods that are bad under a nice facade.

poita
10th April 2015, 02:48 PM
Car 1 anyday of the week. No questions asked

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mickos
10th April 2015, 02:53 PM
Yep
Car 1 all day long

Brando47
10th April 2015, 06:06 PM
Sounds a bit similar to the two SRi Turbo's I looked at before buying mine, except the clean unmodified one had much higher k's. Still car 1 for sure

random_dav
11th April 2015, 12:35 AM
Either, I have bought both types in the past, 2 saves you money if you get a good 'un.

Just give them both a good check and then batter them more on the price :rofl1: