PDA

View Full Version : Silver 03 Astra SRi Turbo (SA)

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

New to the forums. Got an 03 Astra SRi Turbo. In good nick for its age.

Already put a custom catback 2.5" system on it, otherwise all stock.

Has an intermittent low boost issue, which I'm hoping a rbcs bypass will fix. Also has a knock somewhere on take off and stop, which I'm hoping is just a broken engine/gearbox mount. Yet to inspect...

Future plans are a pod filter intake with crossover delete, rbcs bypass and alpine stereo with steering wheel controls. If I can iron out all the bugs, I will also grab a boost gauge and badgeless grill to make it stand out a bit more. Will upload pics if I do.

It's a really fun car to drive, despite the above issues.

Thanks for having me.

adam_92
23rd March 2015, 10:58 AM
Welcome to opelaus mate! Where in SA are you?

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 11:02 AM
Welcome to opelaus mate! Where in SA are you?

Thanks. I'm in Adelaide.

adam_92
23rd March 2015, 11:02 AM
North, south, east, west?

dutchy
23rd March 2015, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

re your low boost issue, no light up on the dash indicating an error ? Check the actuator if its still wound up correctly and both nuts are secure.

faneca
23rd March 2015, 01:30 PM
Welcome along man! You just missed a bit of a meet up on the weekend!

chris_r
23rd March 2015, 01:32 PM
Welcome to yet another SA member.

With the crossover delete, you'd probably be better off using a CDTI airbox instead of a pod filter. Pod filters usually suffer from bad heatsoaking, which kind of defeats the purpose of a cold air intake.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 02:01 PM
North, south, east, west?

Northern suburbs, where all the good people live :D

adam_92
23rd March 2015, 02:03 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA! South is where its at!

Also agree with chris, go with a cdti airbox, its a crossover delete box and avoids all the heatsoak which kills all the power in these engines.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

re your low boost issue, no light up on the dash indicating an error ? Check the actuator if its still wound up correctly and both nuts are secure.

Thanks for the welcome.

No dash lights coming up. I have no idea about the actuator. Sadly, I'm about as mechanically-minded as a pelican.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 02:04 PM
Welcome along man! You just missed a bit of a meet up on the weekend!

Thanks. Will catch the next meet-up for sure!

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 02:06 PM

Also agree with chris, go with a cdti airbox, its a crossover delete box and avoids all the heatsoak which kills all the power in these engines.

Fair enough. I wanna sort out the boost issue before I do any more mods to it anyway.

faneca
23rd March 2015, 02:11 PM
Northern suburbs, where all the good people live :D

Disagree with both of you

vant beat the western burbs haha

adam_92
23rd March 2015, 02:12 PM
West is crap, full of wogs

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 02:25 PM
West is crap, full of wogs

Hey, I grew up in the western suburbs! :thumbs:

dutchy
23rd March 2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

No dash lights coming up. I have no idea about the actuator. Sadly, I'm about as mechanically-minded as a pelican.

Well, pelicans are actually quite smart and they can scratch their balls with their nose. Aaaanyway, standing in front of your engine, looking to the tubocharger, there is a cannister looking thing with a small rubber hose coming out of the top. Bottom has a rod with thread and 2 nuts holding up a lever.

sort of looks like this;

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/eboost2.jpg

chris_r
23rd March 2015, 02:59 PM
South is just as bad as the North in some areas. They don't call Port Noarlunga "Salisbury by the sea" for nothing, lol.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 03:13 PM
Well, pelicans are actually quite smart and they can scratch their balls with their nose. Aaaanyway, standing in front of your engine, looking to the tubocharger, there is a cannister looking thing with a small rubber hose coming out of the top. Bottom has a rod with thread and 2 nuts holding up a lever.

sort of looks like this;

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/eboost2.jpg

Yeah I've seen the actuator, but I have no idea how to check if it's working properly.

As for the pelican, if it was as smart as you say, it would have shut up about being able to scratch its balls with its nose. Not exactly 'resume' material...

dutchy
23rd March 2015, 06:49 PM
Yeah I've seen the actuator, but I have no idea how to check if it's working properly.

As for the pelican, if it was as smart as you say, it would have shut up about being able to scratch its balls with its nose. Not exactly 'resume' material...

hihihi.

just check if both nuts are tight and count the threads sticking out on bottom of the rod. Just a rough count will do (scratch with your nails and count). If nuts are not done up properly, in this case too loose, your boost will be too low as it'll open too soon from boost pressure alone if there's no pre-load. Would be good and easier if you had a boost gauge. Hope for you that its that simple though.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 09:04 PM
hihihi.

just check if both nuts are tight and count the threads sticking out on bottom of the rod. Just a rough count will do (scratch with your nails and count). If nuts are not done up properly, in this case too loose, your boost will be too low as it'll open too soon from boost pressure alone if there's no pre-load. Would be good and easier if you had a boost gauge. Hope for you that its that simple though.

Yeah was planning to get a boost gauge anyway. Will see how it goes after the rbcs bypass. Fingers crossed!

dutchy
23rd March 2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah was planning to get a boost gauge anyway. Will see how it goes after the rbcs bypass. Fingers crossed!

bypass will not solve low boost issue mate and will actually not do very much. The current system is very capable of doing its job with running high boost too. Unless you got boost leak or actuator not wound up properly, it might be a cheap fix. A worn turbo or cracked seating at penny valve will costs you an arm and a leg. Get a boost gauge so you can see what reading at idle is and how its behaving when on full boost.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 09:51 PM
bypass will not solve low boost issue mate and will actually not do very much. The current system is very capable of doing its job with running high boost too. Unless you got boost leak or actuator not wound up properly, it might be a cheap fix. A worn turbo or cracked seating at penny valve will costs you an arm and a leg. Get a boost gauge so you can see what reading at idle is and how its behaving when on full boost.

Don't scare me mate! Will let you all know how she goes after the bypass. Planning to do it this weekend.

Would it be worth getting an electric boost controller to help sort it out, or will that just make it mad?

dutchy
23rd March 2015, 10:04 PM
Don't scare me mate! Will let you all know how she goes after the bypass. Planning to do it this weekend.

Would it be worth getting an electric boost controller to help sort it out, or will that just make it mad?

unless you car is tuned, an ebc won't do anything because your ecu will control your standard boost anyway. If you try to get more boost (for instance tie off your actuator so valve won't open) the car will go into limp mode.

Astra 429G
23rd March 2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'm not gonna panic too much until I've done the bypass. It still drives fine under normal driving conditions.

chris_r
23rd March 2015, 11:19 PM
I'm gonna take a stab here, but could the low boost be as a result of a dodgy recirc valve on the turbo?

Astra 429G
24th March 2015, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna take a stab here, but could the low boost be as a result of a dodgy recirc valve on the turbo?

I hope not. The turbo was changed a few years back by previous owner, so I'm hoping that's all ok. Seeing as the problem is intermittent, I'm guessing it's a boost control issue rather than anything mechanical or a leakage. Still drives really well when behaving.

dutchy
24th March 2015, 01:29 AM
dodgy or split recirc valve rubber diaphragm will cause flutter, you'll notice that straight away.

chris_r
24th March 2015, 07:34 AM
I would say it's likely a boost or vacuum leak then. But, as has already been said, a bit hard to tell without a boost gauge.

Astra 429G
24th March 2015, 10:42 AM
Stay tuned boys.

I also need to replace some of the instrument cluster bulbs which have gone out. Does anyone know what sort of replacements are needed, and whether it's worth bothering with LED bulbs?

adam_92
24th March 2015, 10:50 AM
I believe its t5 and yes go white LEDs for brightness

chris_r
24th March 2015, 10:51 AM
LED bulbs aren't that expensive and look better than the factory incandescent orange. I got mine from crazyleds.co.uk, who sell them as kits specific for your car.

I've been happy with mine so far, but not everyone has been happy with CrazyLEDs service and products.

Astra 429G
24th March 2015, 11:03 AM
LED bulbs aren't that expensive and look better than the factory incandescent orange. I got mine from crazyleds.co.uk, who sell them as kits specific for your car.

I've been happy with mine so far, but not everyone has been happy with CrazyLEDs service and products.

Any idea how many I need and what type? Would like to have everything ready before I pull the instrument cluster out.

I only want to replace the instrument cluster bulbs, not the whole dash.

I'm not fussed if it's orange or white, so long as I can see the temp gauge and tacho at night...

chris_r
24th March 2015, 11:10 AM
Any idea how many I need and what type? Would like to have everything ready before I pull the instrument cluster out.

I only want to replace the instrument cluster bulbs, not the whole dash.

I'm not fussed if it's orange or white, so long as I can see the temp gauge and tacho at night...
I'd leave that for another Astra owner to tell you, as I own a Barina XC/Corsa C and haven't pulled the dash on an Astra.

faneca
24th March 2015, 04:34 PM
From memory there is a T5 wedge type bulbs in there

Astra 429G
24th March 2015, 05:05 PM
From memory there is a T5 wedge type bulbs in there

Thanks mate. I'll wait til I've got the cluster out and take it down to Jaycar. I'm sure they can help me out.

faneca
24th March 2015, 05:05 PM
Yea theyd be able to help ya out

chris_r
27th March 2015, 10:00 AM
Astra 429G, I'm guessing the 429G is a reference to your number plates. If it is, I reckon I just spotted your car in Young Street in the CBD next door to the gym. Nice and clean looking car too.

Astra 429G
27th March 2015, 12:30 PM
Astra 429G, I'm guessing the 429G is a reference to your number plates. If it is, I reckon I just spotted your car in Young Street in the CBD next door to the gym. Nice and clean looking car too.

Certainly is mate - nice detective work!

Thanks for the free plug ;)

chris_r
27th March 2015, 12:38 PM
Certainly is mate - nice detective work!

Thanks for the free plug ;)
Yeah, I drive down that street a couple of times every morning in one of the many StarTrack vans around the city delivering mail. As a fellow Opel owner, anything Opel stands out a bit more than usual and obviously the plates triggered off thinking it might have been you.

Astra 429G
28th March 2015, 11:13 AM
Did the rbcs bypass this morning. Boost problem is gone, thank God!

Anyone who tells you you can fit 3mm hose over the OE DV pipe is kidding you. I had to use the factory hose and run a 6mm to 3mm connector. Would be worth replacing the standard hose but I ran out of patience.

Also, I retained the factory hose that runs to the throttle body and squeezed some silicon hose over the factory plastic pipe. Would be better to replace the lot, but I dare say that requires removing the top hat.

Otherwise, it's a painful but fairly straightforward procedure. I absolutely had to remove the crossover pipe, and made life easier by also removing the air box cover and moving the air flow meter out of the way (left it connected, as the plug is stubborn!)

If you're as bad a mechanic as me, budget at least 2 hours for the whole job. I have spare connectors left over if anyone else wants to do this mod.

dutchy
28th March 2015, 05:10 PM
so if your problem is gone, i'd be inclined to say you had a leak somewhere. Yeah, its a pain to get there and you certainly loose at least half the skin of your arms and hands.

Astra 429G
28th March 2015, 06:33 PM
so if your problem is gone, i'd be inclined to say you had a leak somewhere. Yeah, its a pain to get there and you certainly loose at least half the skin of your arms and hands.

Yeah, that or the rbcs or vacuum box was playing up.

I still wanna wire up a boost gauge to help check for vacuum leaks and/or how much boost I'm making under full throttle.

Probably gonna wait til after tax time for the cash, and do crossover delete at the same time... :D

adam_92
28th March 2015, 06:55 PM
Boost gauge shouldn't cost anymore than $50

Astra 429G
28th March 2015, 09:11 PM
Boost gauge shouldn't cost anymore than $50

I want to get the Blitz SD Red 52mm boost gauge from Perfect Run. It's an electronic gauge that comes with warning and peak recall function, stand, visor, etc. Really looks the business, but around $200 delivered.

The intake kit I want to get includes the MAF extension plug, silicon hoses, recirc plumbing for the air breather, pod filter and etc. Another $500 or so once delivered from the UK.

Also eyeing off an Alpine CDE-145E. Has steering wheel control compatibility and comes in the orange colour to suit our factory dashes. Another $350 or so from Ryda, plus postage.

So another $1000 or so ready to go down the drain, but hopefully a very nice car as a result.

Stay tuned, and don't tell the missus! ;)

dutchy
28th March 2015, 11:32 PM
really, 50 dollars and you'll gave a very good one like this.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apexi-Style-BOOST-Gauge-EL-BLUE-Supra-Skyline-Turbo-Silvia-WRX-Evo-JDM-Nissan-/221582651646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33975af0fe

Intake, you looking at a Roose Motorsport set ?

Astra 429G
29th March 2015, 12:49 AM
really, 50 dollars and you'll gave a very good one like this.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apexi-Style-BOOST-Gauge-EL-BLUE-Supra-Skyline-Turbo-Silvia-WRX-Evo-JDM-Nissan-/221582651646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33975af0fe

Intake, you looking at a Roose Motorsport set ?

No way man, I'm not putting fake parts in my car - it's proper gear or nothing.

As for intake, something along the Roose Motorsport lines would be nice. I want a complete kit, including MAF extension, hoses, pipes and filter, so I can just plug and play. Not too good at improvising...

dutchy
29th March 2015, 08:36 AM
No way man, I'm not putting fake parts in my car - it's proper gear or nothing.

As for intake, something along the Roose Motorsport lines would be nice. I want a complete kit, including MAF extension, hoses, pipes and filter, so I can just plug and play. Not too good at improvising...

Wahaha, I said "like" this. But you do get good ones for 50 to 100 dollars, but hey, its your money. The one you're after is red isnt it ? What do you mean with maf extension ? With the Roose kit, there should be no need to extend the wires as there might be enough already. Just need to open up that plastic housing with all the wires and pull them out then turn over the rubber on the plug and it might just extend far enough. If you place your maf more down towards the turbo, you will have to extend the wires for sure.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00016.jpg
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/DSC00961_zps5b451393.jpg

Astra 429G
30th March 2015, 10:24 AM
Nice pics. Yeah, that's the sort of intake I want, but I want it with a pod filter. Very hard to find as all that stuff is based in the UK.

I had that Apexi boost gauge in an R32 Skyline. Loved it. Again, very hard to find now with all the fakes getting around, and many of them nowadays require a control unit which is too much headache for just the one gauge. It does suit the factory instrument cluster though, a lot more than the Blitz SD.

adam_92
30th March 2015, 10:41 AM
Id stay well away from a pod filter, if youre going to the trouble of fitting a direct route/crossover delete then fitting a pod kills all the power in these engines with heatsoak

Astra 429G
30th March 2015, 11:01 AM
Id stay well away from a pod filter, if youre going to the trouble of fitting a direct route/crossover delete then fitting a pod kills all the power in these engines with heatsoak

I know, but there's something infectious about that turbo/dv sound. I've never owned a turbo car without fitting a pod filter before, I doubt I'm about to start now.

Not sure about playing around with the MAF wires. Better just to connect an extension plug up to the factory one.

Another problem I've noticed is that many of the crossover delete kits are for an 80mm MAF. Having trouble finding one for a 70mm. :(

adam_92
30th March 2015, 11:05 AM
Go 80mm and use a piece of 70mm pipe as a spacer. That way if you decide to upgrade to vxr stuff (injectors, maf, turbo etc) then you already have the 80mm pipework

Shadow110
30th March 2015, 11:41 AM
I know, but there's something infectious about that turbo/dv sound. I've never owned a turbo car without fitting a pod filter before, I doubt I'm about to start now.

Not sure about playing around with the MAF wires. Better just to connect an extension plug up to the factory one.

Another problem I've noticed is that many of the crossover delete kits are for an 80mm MAF. Having trouble finding one for a 70mm. :(
The wires are fairly easy to free from the main plastic holder. I cut a small u-shape into the plastic and covered it with electrical tape. Can't even see the difference.

Astra 429G
30th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Go 80mm and use a piece of 70mm pipe as a spacer. That way if you decide to upgrade to vxr stuff (injectors, maf, turbo etc) then you already have the 80mm pipework

Where would I get the 70mm pipe from?

Sammich
30th March 2015, 11:46 AM
It is basically 70mm silicone straight hose, only need about 1 -2 inches of it.

adam_92
30th March 2015, 12:14 PM
^ yeah

Autobarn, sprints, supercheap etc sell it per inch. 70mm silicon hose

dutchy
30th March 2015, 04:17 PM
Nice pics. Yeah, that's the sort of intake I want, but I want it with a pod filter. Very hard to find as all that stuff is based in the UK.

I had that Apexi boost gauge in an R32 Skyline. Loved it. Again, very hard to find now with all the fakes getting around, and many of them nowadays require a control unit which is too much headache for just the one gauge. It does suit the factory instrument cluster though, a lot more than the Blitz SD.

The airbox I got secondhandand the pipe is an off the shelf Roose Motorsports. This will fit the standard maf. Can easily be upgraded though if you want a vxr maf later down the track (with an appropriate remap of course)

That, not fake, boost gauge, I got from the USA, well under hundred dollars delivered. But it is a bit hard to find an american company that doesnt want to use expensive couriers. But they are out there. Search Ebay. Also this is a mechanical one , always works, quite accurate and much cheaper.

Astra 429G
31st March 2015, 01:28 PM
Sadly, I think I still have a boost gremlin somewhere.

She doesn't have the dip in boost that she used to, but it's still not what I think it should be.

Going to get a boost gauge and get her running right before I do any more mods. Stay tuned...

Astra 429G
31st March 2015, 09:09 PM

Couple photos of the beast. Taken off my crappy phone, but gives you some idea.

chris_r
31st March 2015, 10:21 PM
Yep, definitely the one I spotted the other day. Looks good mate.

Astra 429G
1st April 2015, 09:51 AM
The airbox I got secondhandand the pipe is an off the shelf Roose Motorsports. This will fit the standard maf. Can easily be upgraded though if you want a vxr maf later down the track (with an appropriate remap of course)

That, not fake, boost gauge, I got from the USA, well under hundred dollars delivered. But it is a bit hard to find an american company that doesnt want to use expensive couriers. But they are out there. Search Ebay. Also this is a mechanical one , always works, quite accurate and much cheaper.

Did you notice any difference swapping to the CDTi airbox?

dutchy
1st April 2015, 11:54 AM
Did you notice any difference swapping to the CDTi airbox?

No , none of these kind of mods will give you any real noticeable increase in power but it will increase induction noise a but, lower intake temperature and most importantly looks porn. If its a real increase in power you're after, get an eds ipf.

Brando47
1st April 2015, 04:25 PM
Could never give up my pod filter haha, I get a bit of heat soak but it's nothing to cry about, worst case you can do up a heat shield which is what I plan to do

Astra 429G
1st April 2015, 04:38 PM
Could never give up my pod filter haha, I get a bit of heat soak but it's nothing to cry about, worst case you can do up a heat shield which is what I plan to do

What pod filter setup do you have?

I wouldn't mind catching up and seeing how yours goes compared to mine...

Brando47
1st April 2015, 04:50 PM
I have just a standard 3" pod which I've adapted from the stock piping (2.5" I believe) with a ghetto bit of pvc at the moment. I've got a crossover delete kit from TX the I'm yet to install, found it to be a good price and I liked the stainless bend that a lot of other kits don't have.

Having some issues after installing a new dump pipe as per one of my recent threads, definitely can meet and compare once I've sorted it. We have regular meets here in SA as well, look up Opel SA on Facebook :)

Astra 429G
1st April 2015, 04:55 PM
Will do mate. Thanks.

Astra 429G
2nd April 2015, 09:31 AM
Just a quick one:

With the astra turbo, if you take off normally in 1st and then floor it, with the traction control off, would you expect wheel spin as it climbs in the revs?

I'm wondering whether I may be expecting too much for a virtually stock car...

poita
2nd April 2015, 10:55 AM
They have a boost cut in first

Sent from Sega Mega System

dutchy
2nd April 2015, 10:58 AM
yes you would get wheel spin, but so does my wifes pug 4008 in wet weather.. there comes a point however where you'll get some grip with the tires. If your car is stock, boost is regulated by your ecu. There is nothing you can do about that other than a remap. Even if you jam shut your actuator, it'll go into limp mode.

Brando47
2nd April 2015, 01:49 PM
Depends a lot on your tyres, I have KU39's and they'll squeal and struggle for traction as the boost kicks in. That's standard including running the rear BCS so limited boost in first gear (get about 8psi)

Astra 429G
2nd April 2015, 04:01 PM
Then I'm fairly certain I have a boost leak/issue somewhere. You wouldn't even know it's turbo half the time. Getting sick of it already and I only just got the bloody thing!

Brando47
2nd April 2015, 05:27 PM
Perhaps, your best bet is to install a boost gauge like has been said so you can have a look for yourself, a pod will help you listen to it. The way these engines spool is really smooth though, the boost doesn't hit you in the face like a lot of imports and the like

Astra 429G
4th April 2015, 02:06 PM
Good news all!

For some reason, the car is running a LOT better today! Only thing I can put it down to is that I've been running 98RON fuel since I got it, and that may have cleaned an injector or etc.

At any rate, I'm a much happier chappy :)

faneca
5th April 2015, 05:16 PM
They should only be having 98 ron, anything less and youll have issues and dash lights go on.

Astra 429G
14th August 2015, 09:55 AM
Hey all,

I just had a major service done and the car is now running like a rocket!

The only things I can put it down to was the exhaust manifold was tightened and the battery terminals were cleaned.

Just thought I'd share, because it has made such a big difference.

adam_92
14th August 2015, 03:04 PM
Who done it and how much?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Astra 429G
17th August 2015, 09:26 AM
Who done it and how much?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Family friend. Family rates. ;)

Astra 429G
21st August 2015, 03:03 PM
And as quick as it came, it went. Still going well, but nowhere near as well as it did first time I drove it after service.

I'm wondering if the ignition system needs attention. Plugs/Leads/Coilpack/Battery. Any diagnostic tips would be much appreciated!

chris_r
23rd August 2015, 12:55 AM
And as quick as it came, it went. Still going well, but nowhere near as well as it did first time I drove it after service.

I'm wondering if the ignition system needs attention. Plugs/Leads/Coilpack/Battery. Any diagnostic tips would be much appreciated!

Have you got any warning lights coming up on the dash or any error codes.

Also, careful with tightening the exhaust manifold bolts. They don't need very much torque at all (apparently the TIS specifies only 8Nm, leave sit for 5 mins and then re-check torque). If you've overtightened these, then you may want to check your manifold isn't cracked.

Astra 429G
24th August 2015, 02:46 PM
No warning lights coming on.

I took it for a spin without the airbox on just to see how it sounds. A lot of turbo whine under load, but the blow off noise is very fluttery. I'm thinking the dump valve may need looking at. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chris_r
24th August 2015, 06:07 PM
No warning lights coming on.

I took it for a spin without the airbox on just to see how it sounds. A lot of turbo whine under load, but the blow off noise is very fluttery. I'm thinking the dump valve may need looking at. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you think it's the dump valve, take it out and check for cracks in the valve housing and any deterioration in the rubber diaphragm.

It's in a bitch of a place if you have Ac and requires a bit of trickery with a 5mm Allen key to remove.

If it's damaged, let me know, I have a brand new OE valve that'll keep you going for the time being. Either that or drop the cash on a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie recirc valve.

dutchy
25th August 2015, 01:17 PM
just hope for your sake its the rubber diaphram and not a cracked penny valve or similar.

Astra 429G
25th August 2015, 08:58 PM
If you think it's the dump valve, take it out and check for cracks in the valve housing and any deterioration in the rubber diaphragm.

It's in a bitch of a place if you have Ac and requires a bit of trickery with a 5mm Allen key to remove.

If it's damaged, let me know, I have a brand new OE valve that'll keep you going for the time being. Either that or drop the cash on a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie recirc valve.

Yeah it looks too hard to get to. Might try disconnecting the battery again to reset the ECU and seeing if that makes a difference?

Astra 429G
1st September 2015, 10:52 AM
I cleaned the MAF sensor and reset the ECU and it's running like a dream ever since.

I seriously recommend this to anyone who hasn't done it recently. Fun times :)