PDA

View Full Version : '00 TS Mornington Peninsula

lachiegray
13th March 2015, 03:43 PM
G'day all!
First off i'm Lachie, from the Mornington Peninsula in good old Victoria!

I've got myself a 2000 TS Astra and really just looking to get feedback, help, meet up with other owners and share some rad stories!

I've seen some pretty interesting things so far on the forums that i wouldnt mind doing myself, if theres not problem with that, I wouldnt mind getting some advice on what to do and how to install and all that kind of jazz!

anyways enough of my rambling on, meet 'hulk' :wink5:
and yes i know she needs a good wash and wax- im getting to that slowly:steve:

Lachie

lachiegray
13th March 2015, 03:45 PM
Wont let me post other photos, think the size may be too big ?

guy 27
13th March 2015, 04:51 PM
Welcome to oa

AllenR
13th March 2015, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I live at Hastings and while now with a very nice 2003 SRI Turbo, I had a 2001 TS City that was backup transport for 4 years and apart from normal maintenance, which I did myself, it ran faultlessly. So make sure you do all the basics and it will reward you with good service for a long time.

lachiegray
13th March 2015, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I live at Hastings and while now with a very nice 2003 SRI Turbo, I had a 2001 TS City that was backup transport for 4 years and apart from normal maintenance, which I did myself, it ran faultlessly. So make sure you do all the basics and it will reward you with good service for a long time.

Thanks all!

And Allen, I'm only 10/15 minutes away from you in Pearcedale!
So far she's ran perfect ! Have had her since November '14 and not one fault yet!

I'm sure I'll see you round if I'm ever headed into your neck of the woods!

lachiegray
13th March 2015, 09:43 PM
So far I've done a couple of items, but I've got some wish list items! If anyone knows a thing or two (I'm sure you all do) about any of the things in my list, please post here or message me ! I'm willing to listen and learn!

Done:
Headlights
Head unit and $900 Hertz sound system

Ordered:
CrazyLeds blue for heater panel, mfd and speedo
Gear stick and handbrake gaiters

Want to do:
Halo indicators
New wheels
Lower
Leather interior
Front bumper
Cat back

dutchy
13th March 2015, 10:09 PM
welcome to the forum

rebzytech
14th March 2015, 08:34 AM
Welcome mate. I'm new here too. Its a great forum. Can't wait to hear from you :)

MikeCheck
14th March 2015, 09:42 AM
Hey mate, I'm about to move down to Rosebud! Also your list of stuff was pretty much exactly what mine was as well. Haven't gotten around to doing the halos or bumper though.

Anyway welcome to OA

M

lachiegray
14th March 2015, 02:52 PM
Welcome mate. I'm new here too. Its a great forum. Can't wait to hear from you :)

Thanks mate! It sure is! whats your ride?

lachiegray
14th March 2015, 02:54 PM
Hey mate, I'm about to move down to Rosebud! Also your list of stuff was pretty much exactly what mine was as well. Haven't gotten around to doing the halos or bumper though.

Anyway welcome to OA

M

Ahh nice! I frequent Rosebud quite a lot, so when you move down chuck me a message and we can meet up if you'd like!
Great minds think alike aye? ;) What have you done with yours and whats your ride?

rebzytech
14th March 2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks mate! It sure is! whats your ride?
I've got an AH Astra 1.9 CDTi. Engine has just had a replacement with a motor with 0 km. Just blanked off the EGR valve and have it booked at the end of the month for an ECU tune up.

MikeCheck
14th March 2015, 07:56 PM
Ahh nice! I frequent Rosebud quite a lot, so when you move down chuck me a message and we can meet up if you'd like!
Great minds think alike aye? ;) What have you done with yours and whats your ride?

Link to my G:
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?34363-MikeCheck-s-Astra-G

Hopefully selling it soon and getting a TS Turbo though as the drive to my new work (in Rye) is incredibly fun back roads.

Cheers

M

lachiegray
15th March 2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks dutchy!! :)

lachiegray
15th March 2015, 01:21 PM
Link to my G:
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?34363-MikeCheck-s-Astra-G

Hopefully selling it soon and getting a TS Turbo though as the drive to my new work (in Rye) is incredibly fun back roads.

Cheers

M

So whats that i hear? youre willing to sell some parts off to me before you sell it? ;) oh you're a gem!!
Very nice car tho mate, good thread that youve got going too!

MikeCheck
15th March 2015, 07:46 PM
So whats that i hear? youre willing to sell some parts off to me before you sell it? ;) oh you're a gem!!
Very nice car tho mate, good thread that youve got going too!

Thank mate! It's been a good journey.

Sure you just don't want the whole car? :P

Cheers

M

lachiegray
15th March 2015, 07:52 PM
All depends on how much mulla we're talking !