PDA

View Full Version : iPhone / iPod issues

ozgroover
8th March 2015, 10:57 AM
I have some issues with using my iPhone for music in the car and wonder if anyone has some kind of fix. I have the Astra Sport with sat nav (Navi 9000?).

When connecting to the USB cable I have to comment and disconnect 2 or 3 times for the car to recognize the phone.

When playing music I can no longer skip back/forward tracks using the car controls (on the wheel or console). You can see on the display the track changes but it then just reverts back to the current song.

A friend if mine has the same model and has the same issues.

Is there a software update that I'm not aware of? Any tips/tricks/fixes would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Michael.

poita
8th March 2015, 05:28 PM
dutchy

Sent from Sega Mega System

dutchy
8th March 2015, 08:53 PM
I don't know about the iphone specific but I do know that some did have trouble connecting their phones (and playing music) through usb. I never experienced that problem but there had been a service update by Opel for a software related issue with the usb and the Navi 900. You should have gotten that update at least the last time you were at the dealer for a service. I have a Sony phone and do not have those issues at all. For playing music, I resorted to a 32gb thumb drive that sits in the usb port. Its so small, you hardly see it's in there.
So i'd first ask any Holden dealer to check if your car has got all the latest software updates and take it from there. There should also be an update for the Navi 900 related to the navigation system and the memorycard slot not recognizing the card/map. The third update that I know off relates to the temperature switching from degrees to fahrenheit. There might be more updates but I am not aware of those.

ozgroover
9th March 2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks. Will check in with my local Holden dealer.

mattav
23rd March 2015, 09:44 PM
I've got the exact same issues you mentioned Michael.
My car was at Holden in Sep 2014 & didn't have any updates for it then - might be worth checking if anything has come through since.

Theo
24th March 2015, 09:42 PM
Go in there (Holden) and give them your VIN, they will be able to tell you then about any updates.

hotchip
14th April 2015, 07:03 PM
:shrug:

dutchy
14th April 2015, 08:35 PM
wow, what have you got connected ?

hotchip
14th April 2015, 09:26 PM
Something sinister it seems, just my iPhone? No idea what's causing it. Driving me mad listening to the radio!

Theo
14th April 2015, 10:38 PM
That sucks.
Have you tried to plug in a different USB device?

poita
14th April 2015, 10:44 PM
Genuine cable or $2 eBay special?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

hotchip
15th April 2015, 05:52 AM
Sir i drive an Opel, I do not go the Ebay special route :wink5: Genuine.
Genuine cable or $2 eBay special?

I guess it could possibly be my phone, will try my older iPhone and let you know how I go
That sucks.
Have you tried to plug in a different USB device?

dutchy
15th April 2015, 07:09 AM
I bought a 32gb thumb drive and loaded that with music. it's always connected to the usb port and works a treat.

Theo
15th April 2015, 09:07 PM
In the ideal world we would have the option to stream Bluetooth.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

dutchy
15th April 2015, 11:28 PM
In the ideal world we would have the option to stream Bluetooth.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Hahaha, in the ideal world I would have an OPC Extreme on the way or at least an A20NFT in my 4 door Astra ;)