PDA

View Full Version : Have you Snow Foamed Washed your car before?

CarCareProducts
19th February 2015, 11:44 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2013/CYae_f.gif

Have you heard of a Autobrite Snow Foam Lance (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint_protools/snow_foam_lance) before?

The lance attaches directly to your pressure washer gun/handle. Used as a Pre-Wash Tool, it mixes Snow Foam Detergent with the pressurised water flow to create a very thick foam which clings to the vehicle. This softens and lifts the dirt and grit from the vehicles surface, the foam can then be easily removed with a rinse from the pressure washer. This process eliminates the majority of the harmful dirt and grit that can cause swirls on the paintwork during cleaning, making the process much safer.

Regular car wash shampoos can be used through the Foam Lance also or some All-Purpose-Cleaners can be mixed for a strong pre-wash to remove intense dirt build up and old waxes before a full detail.

The Snow Foam Lance offers a quality design with a solid brass body, it features a fully adjustable dilution valve to offer different density of foam and variable spray nozzle for controlling the pattern of foam delivered.

The lance comes complete with a choice of connectors, currently available to fit: Karcher, Nilfisk/Gerni, Karcher HDS/Pro and M22 Short & Long Fittings.

For systems not listed, we recommend that it is best to compare your fitments to what is pictured online to see if any match.

CarCareProducts
19th February 2015, 12:09 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/carcareproducts/Porsche%20Panamera%20T/PorschePanamera141of278_1280x853_zpscba644a4.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/carcareproducts/Subaru%20WRX%202014/wrx44of90_zps63e65e3c.jpg

Raisin
19th February 2015, 05:09 PM
I have something a bit like this, but it just fits on a standard hose pipe. It makes a bit of foam, but nowhere near as fine or aerated as this seems to get. Probably due to the lack of pressure from the tap.

dutchy
19th February 2015, 06:47 PM
So that would fit to the gun looking handle of my Karcher high pressure cleaner if I understand correctly.

hazrd
20th February 2015, 07:34 AM
So that would fit to the gun looking handle of my Karcher high pressure cleaner if I understand correctly.

If you click the link above, you will understand 100% correctly :P

The lance comes complete with a choice of connector to suit your Pressure Washer, there are 6 currently available:

- Karcher

- Nilfisk/Gerni/Alto

- Karcher HDS/Pro

- Bosch

- Lavor

- M22/ Kranzle

CarCareProducts
20th February 2015, 07:49 AM
I have something a bit like this, but it just fits on a standard hose pipe. It makes a bit of foam, but nowhere near as fine or aerated as this seems to get. Probably due to the lack of pressure from the tap.

You can't compare these lances to that, its chalk and cheese theres no other way to say it! Massive difference using a high pressure washer.

To be honest, i can't use a hose to wash a car anymore .. much easier with a high pressure cleaner! Especially for the damn brake dust!! haha

-Pierre

Raisin
20th February 2015, 08:52 AM
You can't compare these lances to that, its chalk and cheese theres no other way to say it! Massive difference using a high pressure washer.

To be honest, i can't use a hose to wash a car anymore .. much easier with a high pressure cleaner! Especially for the damn brake dust!! haha

-Pierre

Yeah I would love to have a pressure washer for cleaning, maybe after I move out of this house, our single garage hardly has room to walk into it these days.

dutchy
20th February 2015, 09:24 AM
If you click the link above, you will understand 100% correctly :P

I know and I did but I cant see it connecting to the handle of my karcher. I do have the cheapest Karcher so it might not even fit that model.

CarCareProducts
20th February 2015, 09:54 AM
I know and I did but I cant see it connecting to the handle of my karcher. I do have the cheapest Karcher so it might not even fit that model.

You're denying your car a proper clean, how could you! :p

It'll fit all Karchers, baby or big boys!

dutchy
20th February 2015, 10:45 AM
You're denying your car a proper clean, how could you! :p

It'll fit all Karchers, baby or big boys!

:blush2:

hazrd
20th February 2015, 11:32 AM
ive got a Gerni, but the pic shows a connection to an Alto which looks very much like the connection to my Gerni. I guess I could always take the connector in to Mr. Detail ;)

CarCareProducts
23rd February 2015, 09:28 AM
ive got a Gerni, but the pic shows a connection to an Alto which looks very much like the connection to my Gerni. I guess I could always take the connector in to Mr. Detail ;)

Gerni, Kew and Alto are the same. But definitely take it in if you want to be 100% sure that it is the right fitment!

poita
28th February 2015, 02:54 AM
Maybe it's time for me to buy a pressure washer

dutchy
28th February 2015, 08:52 AM
Maybe it's time for me to buy a pressure washer

spend some money on one with higher pressure. The one I got doesn't even wash fresh bird poo off the car !

metry
1st March 2015, 10:37 PM
spend some money on one with higher pressure. The one I got doesn't even wash fresh bird poo off the car !

what pressure washer would you recommend as a minimum? We have some molbury trees near our house and the bats eat off those then shit on our cars. The end result is very difficult to hose off and the seeds in the bat poo can scratch the paint if i attempt to us a wash mitt to remove it.

CarCareProducts
2nd March 2015, 01:59 PM
what pressure washer would you recommend as a minimum? We have some molbury trees near our house and the bats eat off those then shit on our cars. The end result is very difficult to hose off and the seeds in the bat poo can scratch the paint if i attempt to us a wash mitt to remove it.

Gerni if you're spending under $250 because they have alloy tank inside vs the plastic in the karchers.

But like everything, it comes down to what you would like to spend realistically.

metry
2nd March 2015, 03:47 PM
Gerni if you're spending under $250 because they have alloy tank inside vs the plastic in the karchers.

But like everything, it comes down to what you would like to spend realistically.

Id be willing to spend up to $400. I'm looking at using the snow foam kit for a mid week rinse and touchless wash. do you have any one in particular that you like or find works best with foam? I have no idea when it comes to pressure washers. I should hopefully be popping into your store this weekend to buy some more car wash.

CarCareProducts
5th March 2015, 03:11 PM
Id be willing to spend up to $400. I'm looking at using the snow foam kit for a mid week rinse and touchless wash. do you have any one in particular that you like or find works best with foam? I have no idea when it comes to pressure washers. I should hopefully be popping into your store this weekend to buy some more car wash.

mint snow foam or the autobrite are good, and good value for money as well. You can mix car wash in there, but you may find it wont 'stick' to the paint as well or foam up as well for you. Its hit and miss with washes really, to which i guess is why they have dedicated solutions to use i suppose!