PDA

View Full Version : QLD Light Vehicle Modification guide

poita
16th February 2015, 11:16 PM
QLD have updated the pdf guide to light vehicle modifications.

I haven't read the full document, but from what I have read it is much clearer in outlining what is legal. Handy for anyone modifying their car!

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/G19.pdf

dutchy
17th February 2015, 08:04 AM
Thx.

for remap, alternative engine management or upgraded parts;

Modifications to the engine and engine components that result in an increase in engine power of more than
20% of the original engine power must be certified under the LA section of the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle
Construction and Modification.

kabel
17th February 2015, 10:57 AM
Thx.

for remap, alternative engine management or upgraded parts;

Modifications to the engine and engine components that result in an increase in engine power of more than
20% of the original engine power must be certified under the LA section of the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle
Construction and Modification.

So how do they police that ?

Elliot_O
17th February 2015, 11:35 AM
Farking lol

dutchy
17th February 2015, 06:25 PM
So how do they police that ?

They got a portable dyno perhaps ? :lol: pretty easy to get 20% more power.

kabel
17th February 2015, 07:59 PM
They got a portable dyno perhaps ? :lol: pretty easy to get 20% more power.

That is what I was thinking, even some dealers have trouble detecting a re-map.
I was shown a report by the service manager from the "technician" that read "suspect this car has been chipped", the service manager laughed.

Can just see the cops pulling people over for a "Random Dyno Test" :wink5:

adam_92
17th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Yeah just pull a dyno out of the boot

sskustomz
18th February 2015, 05:08 PM
Funnily enough they've just made mobile dynos illegal in Qld, have to be set into the concrete!

Sent from Stephen Hawkings wheelchair

dutchy
18th February 2015, 05:46 PM
well, then there's no way they can enforce that 20% law unless there's an exception for police to set up a dyno wherever they wish. On the other hand, if in doubt, Mr friendly police officer , tow the car to the nearest place they have a dyno (i'd ask for a printout... saves you paying for a dyno run :) )

poita
18th February 2015, 08:36 PM
My thoughts too dutchy, free dyno run

Sent from Sega Mega System