PDA

View Full Version : Conversion application questions

NoX-Troniq
16th February 2015, 01:50 PM
Just going through a conversion application form and was wondering if it was worth putting in the suspension and brake changes.

That is all, thanks in advance.

guy 27
16th February 2015, 01:59 PM
yes

NoX-Troniq
16th February 2015, 03:17 PM
yes

GSi shocks are physically identical to stock ones, wanted to see if it mattered.
Just wasn't sure about the brakes or the bright yellow springs.

adam_92
16th February 2015, 03:43 PM
Why you putting an application in? Request a S.O.R and they will tell you what you need to change to pass a roadworthy

NoX-Troniq
16th February 2015, 04:47 PM
Why you putting an application in? Request a S.O.R and they will tell you what you need to change to pass a roadworthy

What's an SOR mate?

adam_92
16th February 2015, 04:52 PM
Statement of requirements. They tell you what needs to be done to pass. Chris covered it quite a few times in his build thread

NoX-Troniq
16th February 2015, 05:15 PM
Statement of requirements. They tell you what needs to be done to pass. Chris covered it quite a few times in his build thread

I'll head over to the thread and have a look.

NoX-Troniq
18th February 2015, 08:14 PM
I'll head over to the thread and have a look.

Went up to the Services SA to ask about the conversion and they told me everything I needed to know.

Will be applying by tomorrow if I can get the rest of the information needed: Calibra brake disk dimensions (4x100)

NoX-Troniq
19th February 2015, 04:45 PM
I have all the information I need now and just wanted to know if there was anything else worth mentioning in the "Added information" section. For example the stock air intake from the calibra doesn't fit in the B so it will have a pod filter on it and I plan on putting a short shifter in, just anything that helps the process run a little smoother.
chris_r adam_92 any suggestions before I drop the forms off tomorrow morning?

adam_92
19th February 2015, 04:50 PM
The car must look like 100% factory parts. No pod filters etc or any kind of modification. You arent even allowed an ecu tune

NoX-Troniq
19th February 2015, 05:00 PM
The car must look like 100% factory parts. No pod filters etc or any kind of modification. You arent even allowed an ecu tune

Cheers Adam.

Would you recommend taking the GSi seats out or don't you think they'll matter? I can take the gauge pod out in seconds and hide the loom clip away.
I've written in that the suspension has lowered springs, I don't think the GSi shocks will be easy to pick up on since they are physically identical to stock ones.
I'll leave the shifter out till after, more money to spend more critical components such as a new clutch and timing belt

*EDIT* I just found out you can hook the Stock B intake to the engine so that's that solved.

NoX-Troniq
20th February 2015, 07:19 PM
What's the likelyhood of a C20XE that's been turboed to get through?

SilentShout
20th February 2015, 11:10 PM
I know its a bit off topic but i wish QLD did something like that,

All we get is

"do the conversion and either it will get a blue plate and get defected eventually, or it wont pass a blue plate which means you have wasted your time and money, and if you drive it, you will get defected"

fml QLD problems :facepalm:

adam_92
20th February 2015, 11:15 PM
Probably unlikely as the original c20xe has been modified

NoX-Troniq
22nd February 2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys, big save of time and money!