PDA

View Full Version : hi from Adelaide - Vectra JS2 2.6 V6

woteva
28th January 2015, 12:16 AM
Hi all and many thanks in advance for all the help i am about to receive.
I have been given a Holden Vectra 2001 2.6 V6s Y26SE to sort out. It has had coolant leaking problem in the past, replaced cracked overflow bottle, and now has oil in the coolant. I am thinking head gaskets ? Or just thought will have to check for tranny fluid in the coolant. No sign of moisture under the engine oil cap.

Took it to a local wrecker last weekend who offered me $250. I do think its worth more than that.

I do swing spanners for a job. Not cars, but working on industrial air compressors mainly for factory production and mining industry.

Having tried Haynes for a manual, they said it was not available for this car and engine combo. Anyone have any more info on sourcing an engine manual for Y26SE ?

DWS 92
28th January 2015, 07:32 AM
Welcome mate! Your contaminated coolant could also be from your engine oil cooler (it's under your inlet manifold) which is pretty common unfortunately. No milky oil?

woteva
28th January 2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the cooler tip. Will have to find out where it is.

Could not see any moisture under the oil filler cap when I checked a few weeks ago. Will drain the oil and check this weekend.