PDA

View Full Version : New here from Scotland

Wallacesword
28th January 2005, 03:12 AM
Came across this site the other day, impressive. I spent a terrific month in Oz in Oct 2003, staying with friends in Albury Victoria.
My holiday reminded me of how silly I was in 1974 not to emigrate...but I made my choice. I was impressed with Australia, ..the whole month was treated like royalty in the local shops. Probably just the Scottish accent! Managed to see a bit of the Gold Coast and Melbourne. The utter scale of travelling left an impression. Thanks to the bored cop-in-a-Falcon ( :cry: yuck) who booked us on the Wang Straight out of Melbourne just after I landed at Tullamarine. We were doing a criminal 120KPH at 6am on a Sunday morning. I am a die hard Greg Murphy fan and can't get enough of the V8 Supercar Series I look forward to hearing from whoever knows the Wodonga Albury area. I am coming back to Oz in 2007...and my goal is Bathurst to see Holden do it.....again...and again....etc! :lol:

OPC
28th January 2005, 07:53 AM
g'day and welcome william wallace :D

glad to see you hate fords with a passion... me 2 :lol:

it's moy fkin ireland (quote from the movie) :lol:

Namus
28th January 2005, 07:56 AM
wat sort of car do u drive mate?? welcome hope u enjoy

Nem
28th January 2005, 04:44 PM
Bah it will never happen. Too many Fords out in front of those Holdens. :P But welcome anyway.

Wallacesword
28th January 2005, 06:44 PM
:( I think you may be right Nem. Ambrose may do it this year on the Mountain in my opinion. If Greg Murphy can do something special...well..Im biased...he is my V8 hero.
Namus....have a look at the white Opel Monza coupe in Albums..that is my car.
Lots of Monza sites online if you are interested.
Mohawk....you seem to have watched Braveheart more than is good for you! :D
That is a serious Astra...you seem to have really got it sorted! Looks the business as well!

Wallacesword
28th January 2005, 07:04 PM
Incidentally..I am actually 53 this year..and my star is Cancer...not sure what went wrong there! :(

Wallacesword
28th January 2005, 08:00 PM
We all know General Motors is global. "Vauxhall" in UK, Opel in Germany, GM in the USA, Holden of course in some place called Australia :twisted:
What do you think was the fastest PRODUCTION GM car ever sold out of a showroom? I think it might be the UK's Lotus Carlton. 3.6 ltr twin turbo from the late 80's? Maybe a later Aussie Monaro could pip it...just. By the way..we are getting Monaros over here. But...sacriledge...they took the Holden badge off and put the Vauxhall one on the boot. Idiots. Price? Turn Aussie dollars into UK £'s...in other words multiply by a factor of 2.4! By the way...how about $11.52 AU for a gallon? That is what Permium Unleaded is here! :cry:

mr_astra_retired
31st January 2005, 06:46 PM
Hello and welcome Wallace !

Glad you like the site :mrgreen:

dam about your fuel prices :evil:

Wallacesword
31st January 2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks Mr_ Astra! I am on holiday right now...hence the number of posts!
Fuel? Well...we have to live with it. :( It is why I run about in a 1ltr Nissan Micra and keep the Monster Monza in the lock up for sunny days only! :|