PDA

View Full Version : TS convertible interioir roof "lacing"

colby68
6th January 2015, 12:24 PM
hi,
I've just bought a 2005 TS convertible, on the inside drivers rear quarter the roof lining is just hanging at the bottom, and there is either a broken, or un done cord. it appears to go through numerous metal loops and a plastic cover thing. does anyone know who may be able to repair this in Adelaide SA?

Thanks

Wraith
14th January 2015, 01:26 PM
You'll either have to research it or just head over to GMH service department and seek advice there...

Mine is still totally intact so can't see what the problem would be from just looking at it.

I do know of a past member here (imay) who had a TS vert and had the roof replaced, he too was located in Adelaide and the dealership there totally looked after him in fixing/replacing the top...

colby68
14th January 2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks Wraith, I worked it out myself in the end. It's a piece of plastic that holds the interior roof lining to the frame in the back quarter via some "string" and a piece of plastic through a series of loops to a spring. I went to holdens, they wanted $235 for it..apparently its called a tension cable ...ridiculous, so I looked at it for ages, cut a piece of the cord off, went to spotlight, spent $4 on curtain track cord ( identical), re used the plastic part.....threaded it all up how I "thought" it should go........fingers crossed, tried it, works fine........yay !!

dutchy
14th January 2015, 09:33 PM
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/mcguyver_zps41478407.jpg