PDA

View Full Version : Errors

ultim8DTM5
27th January 2005, 08:12 PM
I've been getting these errors on every post today:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.opelaus.com:25 in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 523

Could not connect to smtp host : 111 : Connection refused

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php

Any ideas?

Turblue
27th January 2005, 08:17 PM
I'd say the Provider of space for OpelAus is up to something.

It is an error when the forum can't email pm and topic notifications. It will sort out...

GOZOFF
27th January 2005, 09:20 PM
Every time I post something and press submit this happens 5 times tonight every single post Iv'e put up :cry:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.opelaus.com:25 in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/smtp.php:109) in /home/opela58/public_html/phpBB2-3/includes/page_header.php on line 523

You have no new messages
Log out [ GOZOFF ]

OpelAus Car Club Forum Index
General Error

DEBUG MODE

mr_astra_retired
27th January 2005, 09:40 PM
I'd say the Provider of space for OpelAus is up to something.

It is an error when the forum can't email pm and topic notifications. It will sort out...

What he said

Bernard Siong
27th January 2005, 09:44 PM
pretty annoying stuff

a_manda
9th February 2005, 08:08 AM
is anyone else getting this error again :?:

OPC
9th February 2005, 08:16 AM
yes for the 1st time :(

Anonymous
9th February 2005, 08:26 AM
nope never gotten that problem...

must be the boogie monster http://www.tunedeuro.com/forum/images/smiles/lol.gif

Turblue
9th February 2005, 08:32 AM
Ok ok ok okk okokokokokokkookokokokokokokokokoko...>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :bang: :shock: :shock: :bang: :bang: :bang: :?: :arrow: :shock: :roll: :bang: :bang:

1: Your PM's are being sent. This is an internal forum function.
2: Only the notification that of a PM has been received is failing.

Thank you all for emailling me, PM'ing me, throwing stones wrapped in paper, ......

Nothing I can do about it except turn off your email notification of a PM.

a_manda
9th February 2005, 08:45 AM
thanks wayne

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/490.gif

Dee
9th February 2005, 09:16 AM
im getting it but it has nothing to do with PM's....

You have no new messages
Log out [ 11-SXI ]

its when i post on the forum... ill copy exactly what it says and see if its any different to the ones that are above

General Error

DEBUG MODE

Anonymous
9th February 2005, 09:32 AM
i'm thinking that if it's referring to "smtp.php", obviously has something to do with the mail server,

most likely got to do with the email notifications of a reply to a thread not being sent, hence the error,......

LOL i dunno if i made sense there...

Turblue
9th February 2005, 10:05 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKK...!!!!

Same principle as with the PM's.....

All messages, posts are dealt with internally within the forum. However, if anyone has selected to be notified of a new post or PM, the system emails you. If the mail server (beyond my control) is down (etc) the forum cannot send email notifications of posts or PM's.

Hence the errors.

Scott, you are correct.

For the time being. I have disabled email support.

Dee
9th February 2005, 10:08 AM
fair enough... no need to get cranky about it

was just making the point that i didnt have any PM's and it was happening on every thread.. so i didnt think it was a mail notification thing...

but if thats all it is then dont worry about it.. its stopped now

a_manda
9th February 2005, 10:11 AM
test ...

Thanks... Turblue...

Turblue
9th February 2005, 10:18 AM
It is an email hassle Donna.

Thanks for letting me know. I had noticed it in regards to normal posts.

It is fixed now that I have disabled email support, which means no-one will get any notifications of new posts or PM's. This error also means you would not have received any notifications this morning.

I'll keep an eye on it and we'll see what happens from here....

Anonymous
9th February 2005, 10:43 AM
fair enough... no need to get cranky about it

was just making the point that i didnt have any PM's and it was happening on every thread.. so i didnt think it was a mail notification thing...

but if thats all it is then dont worry about it.. its stopped now

Easy solved donna, just dont post anymore, you wont get the error.....

Problem solved in more ways than one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Namus
9th February 2005, 11:05 AM
lmao....that's fine anyway; if u want to see if u got a pm; just log on....makes sense

Namus
9th February 2005, 04:17 PM
i'm still getting this error thing intermittently....it's becoming a pain....sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.......?

woody
9th February 2005, 04:28 PM
yup getting it now - can't post --- aaaargh!

woody
9th February 2005, 04:28 PM
oooh it worked...