PDA

View Full Version : Differences between astra G 1.8 ecu and Barina SRI 1.8 ecu tune

SilentShout
13th December 2014, 05:03 PM
Greetings all, quite simple

just wondering if there was a difference between the ecu tune on the standard astra 1.8 and the Barina SRI 1.8.

iirc the astra is 90kw and the barina is 92kw on 98,

if so does anyone know what the difference is? (ignition timing or fuel delivery or both?)

Hoping there is a big enough difference to use the data and compare 2 maps to aid my ecu project (outlined in a different thread)

dont want to go to the effort of tracking down an astra g to pull the map off though if its a waste of time.

Many thanks in advance :)

adam_92
13th December 2014, 05:25 PM
Could also be down to EGR valve vs no EGR valve

SilentShout
13th December 2014, 06:02 PM
From my experiences with the egr valve on my car i can tell you it certainly doesnt add power :P

chris_r
13th December 2014, 07:14 PM
I know some of the differences come down to how the fans are driven. Astra Gs I believe typically drive the fans via an additional cooling module, on the Corsa it's controlled by the ECU.

When you do a Z20LET into a Corsa C, you have to either have the Z20LET ECU reprogrammed to run the fans or fit a thermatic switch into to hot side of the coolant circuit, due to the lack of a cooling module on the Corsa C.

DRMAT
2nd January 2015, 02:04 PM
I thought you'd given up on cracking the ECU as we hadn't heard anythign for so long! Glad to hear it's still going!

SilentShout
2nd January 2015, 03:44 PM
Havent given up, just struggling to crack it :( i have a map file from an astra 1.8 but auto which i dont think makes a difference but we will see.