PDA

View Full Version : Map replacement / updates

Zoom
4th December 2014, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where to get map updates and or SD non OEM card replacements for NAVI 600? Australian maps. I will explain the whole story.....

6 months ago my Original maps SD card seemed faulty as the NAVI keeps saying that it didn't recognise the SD card. So I put a copied SD card in its place that worked fine up until last week. It now says "not a valid map SD" I went to find the original SD but cant find it now. So I'm in a bit of a dilemma, buy another one from Holden, probably over $200? or track down an SD image of one. Any ideas?

ZOOM!

dutchy
4th December 2014, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where to get map updates and or SD non OEM card replacements for NAVI 600? Australian maps. I will explain the whole story.....

6 months ago my Original maps SD card seemed faulty as the NAVI keeps saying that it didn't recognise the SD card. So I put a copied SD card in its place that worked fine up until last week. It now says "not a valid map SD" I went to find the original SD but cant find it now. So I'm in a bit of a dilemma, buy another one from Holden, probably over $200? or track down an SD image of one. Any ideas?

ZOOM!

warranty job, go to Holden and scream your tits off.

nigelh
4th December 2014, 08:53 PM
You won't get any type of warranty because you don't have the faulty OE one, unless you play dumb and just take the car to Holden as is now and just see what they say don't mention anything a bout the card just let them do there own diagnosis, they might not recognise that the sd card is not genuine and replace it for you worth a try.

dutchy
5th December 2014, 09:26 AM
i missed that he couldnt find the original card. there was a service update for the navi 900 last year for not recognizing the card. Not sure if this was also for the navi 600, you can always ask Holden.

Zoom
12th December 2014, 09:59 PM
I guess I will just tell them exactly what happened and take it from there. The fact that I took it out because it was faulty and then lost it, could go both ways with holden.