PDA

View Full Version : AC not working, doesn't sound like it's even engaging

MikeCheck
28th November 2014, 09:40 AM
Hi guys,

Coming in to summer only just tried my AC the other day and it's not working :(

Press the button and it lights up, but I can't hear it engage through a drop in rpm or anything. I was thinking it might need regassing, but I would've thought it would at least turn on? Never had AC issues in the past so I'm not sure where to start.

Is there anything I can check myself? Going to the parent's so heaps of space to move around and tinker.

Cheers

M

DRMAT
28th November 2014, 10:26 AM
Search is your friend, MANY threads on this including a couple in the last month and a how-to on how to fix it. Compressor clutch fuse will be blown.

MikeCheck
28th November 2014, 02:58 PM
Derp, can't believe I didn't search.

Will alert the guys when they're doing my exhaust to check the coil.

Cheers

M

mylifeasbenjamin
29th November 2014, 10:25 PM
Hey man,
I had the exact same thing with mine. check the plug on the compressor. Mine had worn and was short circuiting. Fixed that and been fine since :)

slewinson
30th November 2014, 08:00 AM
On my Corsa B (SB Barina) I found that the HP and LP switch connectors were loose to the extent that one had popped off totally. Two clicks later and cool air was forthcoming

Simon

andrew
30th November 2014, 08:25 PM
if the gas is very low or has leaked out the ac will not turn on, or it could even be as simple as the fuse

Prowsey
4th December 2014, 08:30 AM
refer to DRMAT instructions mate saved me $500 or $1800 if i had of got a new compressor most air con mechanics know of the common problems and want to take you for a ride.
what car is it on?

Prowsey
4th December 2014, 08:30 AM
refer to DRMAT instructions mate saved me $500 or $1800 if i had of got a new compressor most air con mechanics know of the common problems and want to take you for a ride.
what car is it on?

MikeCheck
4th December 2014, 09:14 AM
Is on my 2001 Astra TS.

Mechanics had a look while they were doing the exhaust and some electrical connectors had worn/melted/failed so they just replaced them and I think it's all good. Car's still in the shop losing it's deafening drone so I won't know for sure till Sunday.

Cheers

M

MikeCheck
4th December 2014, 09:21 AM
Is on my 2001 Astra TS.

Mechanics had a look while they were doing the exhaust and some electrical connectors had worn/melted/failed so they just replaced them and I think it's all good. Car's still in the shop losing it's deafening drone so I won't know for sure till Sunday.

Cheers

M

MikeCheck
4th December 2014, 09:54 AM
Is on my 2001 Astra TS.

Cheers

M