PDA

View Full Version : Parts from the UK

vekara
7th November 2014, 02:19 PM
anyone, can you tell where i could order parts online from the UK, they seems to be cheapest there. i need parts such as wiper blades, roofrack covers and so on. Also comment on their reliability and speed of service.

adam_92
7th November 2014, 03:04 PM
Wiperblades get from ebay, Bosch flatblades. Roof rack covers get from either autovaux or twells vauxhall which a few guys have used on the forum

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

random_dav
8th November 2014, 06:28 PM
I have used vaux-world and never had a problem and micksgarage.com. Also they should be knocking the 20% VAT off too.

vekara
9th November 2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

poita
9th November 2014, 04:18 PM
Autovaux, we have a discount set up with them ;)

vekara
9th November 2014, 05:30 PM
Autovaux, we have a discount set up with them ;)

great, how does that discount work?

poita
9th November 2014, 05:50 PM
When you've placed the order let them know you are a member here, they email me to verify it. So make sure you use the same email address ;)

GUN16V
9th November 2014, 07:43 PM
When you've placed the order let them know you are a member here, they email me to verify it. So make sure you use the same email address ;)

Very handy to know mate. Cheers

vekara
27th November 2014, 09:33 AM
Got parts today, all good, Autovaux have great and prompt service. I will order from them in the future. took about 8 days after confirming Opelaus discount, paypal payment and delivery address.

GUN16V
29th November 2014, 01:34 AM
Out of curiosity what discount do they give us?

vekara
29th November 2014, 06:48 AM
Out of curiosity what discount do they give us?

My parts were GM parts so there are no specific discount shown on invoice. Compared to GM parts in Australia they are somewhere one quarter or less.

YeshSRITURBO
20th December 2014, 04:06 PM
Autovaux is good. I got 4x roofrack covers from them as they were missing when I bought the car. Cost me $110 shipped from UK. Got quoted $280 from Holden here. The covers are actually small pieces of plastic. Nevertheless cheaper from UK.
If you can't find something on their site just email them and they will sort you out.

Sammich
20th December 2014, 04:26 PM
Basically you only nee stuff from 3 different places in the UK.

Courteney sport
AutoVaux
Regal

The discount on Autovaux is 5% it applies to your account as soon as it is confirmed with opelaus, i think poita does this.

depending what you need, there are a few places in Australia that stock parts at quite reasonable prices, precision international does genuine gaskets at comparable prices to the UK, got a VRS Gasket kit, and a set of head bolts for $230

chris_r
20th December 2014, 10:30 PM
Autovaux, again I can vouch for. God knows how much I've spent with those guys. I've never bought anything from Regal or Courtenays (yet, lol). LMF Vauxhall (aka Vauxhall Parts UK on eBay) are OK, but watch their freight costs.

Vauxhall World Parts is one I'd watch out for. Went to buy an intake snorkel from these guys, went through and paid for everything, only to get told that underquoted for freight and I'd have to pay an extra 20-30GBP for freight. I took a full refund, but I don't take too well to false advertising and extortionist tactics. Ended up buying said snorkel from Autovaux for about half the price.

Also, anything from Arden Performance, avoid like the plague. The guy promised me a loom that after 6 or 7 weeks couldn't deliver on, had to go through PayPal to get my money back. Again, I sourced a loom from elsewhere and modified it myself, courtesy of Warren G's (of WG Motorworks) guide.

vekara
21st December 2014, 05:52 AM
Thanks for that info chris r

GUN16V
21st December 2014, 04:04 PM
LMF's postage is outrageous at best. I avoid based on that alone..

random_dav
22nd December 2014, 11:30 PM
LMF's postage is outrageous at best. I avoid based on that alone..

And garbage customer service