PDA

View Full Version : $600 to spend on paformance/exterior a 05 barnia sri

Gildo
25th January 2005, 06:56 PM
ive already baught opel badges, i now have $600 to spend on any modifications of any sort.
What do you guys recon my money will be best spent on.
Any ideas will be welcome!

ultim8DTM5
25th January 2005, 07:30 PM
Rear sway bar

Namus
25th January 2005, 07:31 PM
well that depends mate.....wat do want more? do want more around town punch? or do u want "all show n no go"?

Or which one do u want to do first; and perhaps leave the other 'til later....?

One thing though; for $600 i can't see u getting many performance mods...maybe a half decent sound system if u can push it to $1000 (unit/amp/sub)...xenon lookalike white lights cost around $130 RRP which look very trick (like those on mercedes etc); i reckon u should be disciplined and save around $1500-ish for decent 17in wheels....

1OPL2C
25th January 2005, 07:34 PM
Dont Xenon lokalike white lights cost $20??

mine say they r Xenon or HID lookalikes

Namus
25th January 2005, 07:41 PM
their the ones by phillips...not the very top of the range (their illegal for road use) but the ones below that...they retail in QLD at autobarn for $130....the cheapest i could find.....the Narva brand (which i use) cost around $15-20 per replacement bulb.....the difference with the $20 one and the $130 one, is that the $20 one only looks white at night time, but during day looks plain old yellow (something about the gases in the air....) whilst the $130 one looks bright white (kinda like a shining star during the day) ALL of the time.....there is a BIG difference and the money is BLOODY great value....awesome show mod....i will do that next once i have money..

YuSuF
25th January 2005, 07:46 PM
I'd atleast get a K&N filter..

1OPL2C
25th January 2005, 07:50 PM
i duno about yours.. but mine are White in day light not yellow..

at nite its bright white from far away den as u come closer it has a tinge of blue..

$20 for a pair imported from japan or sumthing..

the box said "Show car only".. but who cares

Namus
25th January 2005, 07:59 PM
imported from japan that's prob why.....lol "show car only"...who cares; if cops don't pull u over, it's ok....

1OPL2C
25th January 2005, 08:56 PM
lol cops wont pull you over for your lights.. so its ok

Gildo
25th January 2005, 09:20 PM
ive already got a sound system.
Im just looking for sumthing that will make the car a little more different to others. Im thinking of just gettin a k & n filter and a muffler. bit of paformance with the noise that foes with it.
any other options worth looking into ???
what do you guys recon of gettin the plastic black pieces that cover the wheels sprayed the same colour as the car?

Ginge
25th January 2005, 09:31 PM
there is a silver corsa that has been colour coded round my area. looks trick. trying to catch him to get him signed up.

R3N
25th January 2005, 11:26 PM
yea colour code yer car

Alfonzo
26th January 2005, 12:14 AM
their the ones by phillips...not the very top of the range (their illegal for road use) but the ones below that...they retail in QLD at autobarn for $130....the cheapest i could find.....the Narva brand (which i use) cost around $15-20 per replacement bulb.....the difference with the $20 one and the $130 one, is that the $20 one only looks white at night time, but during day looks plain old yellow (something about the gases in the air....) whilst the $130 one looks bright white (kinda like a shining star during the day) ALL of the time.....there is a BIG difference and the money is BLOODY great value....awesome show mod....i will do that next once i have money..

Are you referring to the BlueVision? 4000k?

Degen-Astra
26th January 2005, 01:04 AM
Rear sway bar

Agree! 8)

Anonymous
26th January 2005, 04:14 AM
save it, and overhaul your suspension :)

headlights, lol. nice way to blow money! :P

Namus
26th January 2005, 05:08 AM
the headlights were only a suggestion as his budget of $600 isn't great....

agree with u tho swaybar....save it, and then when u get ur car lowered and get new shocks (yes, u will get new shocks, not be like every other idiot out there who just gets springs) u get a package deal and get swaybar and camber kit and get a very good price....and it's easier to do it while all the required components are pulled apart anyway...

i believe the globes are 4000k...will check....def are blue vision line tho...

and ffs, don't get a stupid three inch zorst just for the sound....

R3N
26th January 2005, 06:35 AM
(yes, u will get new shocks, not be like every other **moderated** out there who just gets springs)

so what's wrong with just getting springs without doing shocks? shocks can be changed at any time, if you only got money for the springs, then go for it. sure it might wear out your std shocks sooner but you can get new ones then.

and ffs, don't get a stupid three inch zorst just for the sound....

but its okay to get $100 globes just for the colour?
you're better off getting Osram Silverstars or Philips Silvervisions, which actually makes it easier to see (I think more light output, its 3am here, cbf looking it up :lol:) and doesn't refract that much in the rain.

You can get whatever size zorst you want, its your money... but don't go above a 2 1/4" piping for the 1.8. I think you can get a full cat-back and muffler for $600 but the piping might be mild steel, check it out at your local exhaust centre. You'll get a better response outta your engine and also a nice sound/growl, depending on the muffler you get 8)

Namus
26th January 2005, 11:52 AM
maybe they charge extra freight charges or something over the west, but here (QLD) a decent (mild-steel) cat-back 2 1/4in exhaust costs only $325....but i agree bout not bein bigger than that as u will lose back pressure...

i was referring to the stupid cannon sized exhaust tips.....u should just get a nice set of dual tips...like those which come standard on SS commys...

as for the springs and shocks.....if u get both, then u can get a package deal and thus pay less....also, u can get them matched (yes; u can do this at later stage); plus while u run around on just the new springs and stnd shocks, u are stuffing up/damaging ur brand new springs....of course this depends on how hard u drive, the conditions of the road in ur area etc...but generally u should do both at the same time....the ride quality (esp on small cars) can become quite harsh as well, again dependant on above factors and things like wheel size and the like...

finally; of course it's his money....he asked for suggestions....

Gildo
26th January 2005, 04:58 PM
I like the body colouring and exhaust idea
anyone know where about the best place to go for this?? (in sydney)

break
26th January 2005, 05:17 PM
(yes, u will get new shocks, not be like every other **moderated** out there who just gets springs)
so what's wrong with just getting springs without doing shocks? shocks can be changed at any time, if you only got money for the springs, then go for it. sure it might wear out your std shocks sooner but you can get new ones then.Well, shocks should ALWAYS be very closely matched to your springs. Any change in either the hieght and/or firmness of the spring should require a full shock change in order to make effective use of the new suspension characteristics.

If your not changing it much you might get away with it.... but any substantial changes often will throw the handling of the car out, sometimes even making it worse at handling than before the new springs.

mackeysam
26th January 2005, 08:30 PM
$600 will get you an awesome sound system. my mate just got 2 12" kicker subs and an amp from JB HI-FI for $490. All you need then is a decent headunit which would set u back more than between $150-$200. a little over your budget, but there is always EBAY :P

Namus
27th January 2005, 02:05 PM
wat sort is the amp??? christ must be good and should hope it's at least a 4 channel or monoblock...can get a US Audio 4 channel comp spec amp for around $400...

anyway, can someone help Gildo with an exhaust or performance shop down in Sydney? (To answer his question...)

Anonymous
27th January 2005, 04:16 PM
$600 is
1/10 of a custom paint job
1/4 of a competitive sound system
1/3 of a 17 inch wheel package
1/2 of a kmac coilover package
1/1.5 of a stainless steel exhaust

:P

Namus
27th January 2005, 04:45 PM
lmao..u idiot.... :lol:

Anonymous
27th January 2005, 05:06 PM
just telling it like it is brother :P

Gildo
29th January 2005, 04:19 PM
1/4 of a competitive sound system

Ive already got a sound system thogh, pheonix gold amp 8.0.4, pheonix gold splits, pioneer 4 way 6 x 9 , pioneer 12" sub and a kicker 2 channel running of a pioneer deh 7650- deck.

i got a fealling mine is pretty competative :P
but my question was asking where i can get an exhaust system and colour sprayed bumpers from in sydney, i am able to stretch my budget $600 was just a ball park figure

R3N
29th January 2005, 07:16 PM
colour coding might cost you 4-500 if you're lucky, and a cat-back system would cost you another 4-500 as well

might as well stretch your budget ;)

SRIisME
31st January 2005, 06:18 PM
<<moderated by mr_astra>>

Take this pointless dribble off the forum

Degen-Astra
31st January 2005, 06:26 PM
Thats a quality first post. :roll:

I tend to think his Barina is a real car, i mean he can actually drive it, physically touch it and beleive it or not...it has a motor that allows it to go in a forward and reverse direction, the steering wheel prodives the means to allow the car to be propelled in an angled direction as well, thus allowing the car to steer around corners. Yes...its an absurd notion I know...but apparently thats what a REAL car can do.

Brett
31st January 2005, 06:50 PM
buy a mountain bike so you can have some race competition

SRIisME
31st January 2005, 07:23 PM
buy stan a lown mower

Brett
31st January 2005, 07:30 PM
who is stan, is he a relation to gildos?