PDA

View Full Version : Location of headlight sensor on Opel J

smart770
12th October 2014, 12:05 AM
I've got an Opel Astra Sports with auto headlights and the service people at Holden are telling me the light sensor is somewhere (he didn't know the exact location) on the front bumper bar area! I can't believe it. I tried looking on various EU sites for info and had no luck. Surely it isn't located here!!! I just can't believe it. I'm having trouble with the lights going on in sunlight!! Thanks for any insights/advice.

guy 27
12th October 2014, 12:21 AM
behind the rear vision mirror on the windscreen.

They should be able to test the sensor through tech2.
I know I can through my scan tool.

smart770
12th October 2014, 12:29 AM
behind the rear vision mirror on the windscreen.

They should be able to test the sensor through tech2.
I know I can through my scan tool.

Thanks. But isn't that the rain sensor? I thought the light sensor was the one on the dash. There is a little bulb like device. Please don' ttell me that is the temp sensor either. Can't believe that will give an accurate external temp reading in that spot.

But if you are correct, then so be it. Makes sense what you say though.

guy 27
12th October 2014, 12:30 AM
rain sensor is in the same location behind mirror ;)

The part on the dash is the interior temp sensor for the climate control system.
External temp sensor is in the front bumper grill.

nigelh
12th October 2014, 12:31 AM
As guy said. I found if the windscreen is dirty the lights come on more often during the day.

smart770
12th October 2014, 02:48 PM
Thank you. at least now I have something to go back to them with. The windscreen is mostly clear but I will definitely keep this in mind now. thanks all.

dutchy
13th October 2014, 04:24 AM
mine do the same, am not bothered about it but I think its because of the dirty window.