PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice.

Serge
25th January 2005, 05:02 PM
Hi everybody!

Recently I have passed 45 000 km service on my Astra and I was shocked by the prices at McGrath Sutherland as you probably have seen my calculation in previous posting.

I was amazed by the attitude of the service people there when they did not give me seriously any chance to check what's going on with my pads, etc. Obviously there were more then 50% of life at rear ones at least.
So, my question is, what better to do:

- to keep my Astra till full 3 years factory warranty and trade in before service?

- to make 60 000 km service and trade-in?

- trade-in asap (at least brakes are new, damn)?

- what to do with extension warranty for extra 3 years that I foolishly paid 2 years ago? The contract requires to present Astra every 6 month for service to the same people in McGrath when standard warranty finishes.I am afraid it will be a full robbery!

Thank you for your comments and experience.

Serge

Mitch
25th January 2005, 05:43 PM
Trade it in now, no point waiting and spending more money when you are going to trade it in anyway.

Namus
25th January 2005, 07:37 PM
every1 overrates factory warranties so much these days, and if u talk to any regular joe on the street they'll tell u that very little if any stock is taken from the warranties as i can attest with my a/c unit...

y don't u just go to another place u know and trust (or find one) and get it serviced there? My 60k service is up in 2 weeks and i'm only paying $180 ($200 max)....y pay more? wat: a little Holden stamp? fair enuf; but doesn't give them enough reason to justify charging three times (if not more) the normal rate...

The ppl i'm going to will do exactly the same thing, to the same level of quality; no dramas: just not the exorbanant b/s price....

Anonymous
26th January 2005, 04:21 AM
I'm hoping my cars next service will be at the rigolis workshop :lol:

Namus
26th January 2005, 05:11 AM
yeah well, dont b surpised if it comes bak in yellow, with no roof, only single seater....lol

R3N
26th January 2005, 06:38 AM
- trade-in asap (at least brakes are new, damn)?

Don't be in a hurry to get rid of it. Try to find something you like, at least you got something else to get around in while you look around.

Anonymous
26th January 2005, 11:50 AM
yeah well, dont b surpised if it comes bak in yellow, with no roof, only single seater....lol

well, considering they pay for it all, I'm not complaining :lol: 8)

Namus
26th January 2005, 11:57 AM
didn't know that...