PDA

View Full Version : No rego labels for Qld!

poita
28th September 2014, 02:06 PM
Just a reminder to all our Qld members, no rego labels as of Wednesday!

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/news/features/label/index.html

sskustomz
28th September 2014, 03:07 PM
My trailers 5 yrs old and never had a label

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutchy
28th September 2014, 04:10 PM
My trailers 5 yrs old and never had a label

Cause you never had rego on it :) My trailer does have a label. I think trailers and boats do keep their labels.

sskustomz
28th September 2014, 04:11 PM
Nah, I just never fit one, label holders are a pain, same with m'cycles.

dutchy
28th September 2014, 04:12 PM
Just a reminder to all our Qld members, no rego labels as of Wednesday!

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/news/features/label/index.html

:) Thanks Pete :)

vekara
1st October 2014, 05:16 AM
Seems odd that we had to keep our rego lables this long, cops have been using electronic databases for years to check whether the car is registered or not. remember the old labels, they were practically impossible to get out and often ended up scratching the glass removing it. You could buy a razor blade peeler to peel it off, (information for our young members.)

I used to soak mine with soapy water and glad wrap before attempting to remove it. what a job.

Does anyone still have one of those peelers?

hazrd
1st October 2014, 06:53 AM
Yeah ive got one. But thankfully I haven't needed a rego label for a while now (vic)

poita
1st October 2014, 07:33 AM
Happy no more rego label day Qld!!

If you are removing it and have a bad memory search for "Qld Rego Check" app on iTunes or Google Play Store

dutchy
1st October 2014, 12:03 PM
Seems odd that we had to keep our rego lables this long, cops have been using electronic databases for years to check whether the car is registered or not. remember the old labels, they were practically impossible to get out and often ended up scratching the glass removing it. You could buy a razor blade peeler to peel it off, (information for our young members.)

I used to soak mine with soapy water and glad wrap before attempting to remove it. what a job.

Does anyone still have one of those peelers?

yup, i used one of those peelers every year (its the same one we also use to clean the glass cooktop). Then spray the glue and sticker residue with wd40, soak in for a little while and wipe clean. Glad to be rid of the labels now, the colours always looked horrible apart from a few years ago when they were orange :)

Jen
1st October 2014, 01:26 PM
I forgot that rego labels used to be so hard to get off. Now I'm having flash backs of my childhood of soaking the back of it with warm soapy water and dad cursing away

vekara
1st October 2014, 03:09 PM
I forgot that rego labels used to be so hard to get off. Now I'm having flash backs of my childhood of soaking the back of it with warm soapy water and dad cursing away
LOL, they were a real pain, i could never understand why we needed to stick a sticker on the windscreen. QLD must be the last state in the world to remove those stickers...

chris_r
1st October 2014, 08:10 PM
Before we lost our labels here in SA, you also had the option of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months rego. If you had the sticker on for three months, it'd peel off real easy. 9 or 12 months, good luck with removing it without taking your windscreen with it.

sskustomz
1st October 2014, 08:27 PM
By sheer coincidence the UK got rid of their stickers today too!

kovert
2nd October 2014, 06:55 AM
Weren't they called "tax discs" in the UK? I will remove my label at the weekend. Red wasn't too bad with the silver paint :)

Bloodnok
2nd October 2014, 07:59 AM
By sheer coincidence the UK got rid of their stickers today too!

Weren't they called "tax discs" in the UK?

... Yes, they are. And they weren't sticky like ours - so you had to have a holder attached to the windscreen to hold it in place.

The UK have also done something crafty - they've ended the transfer of car tax (technically "vehicle excise duty"). When you sell a car, you now cancel your tax - and get a refund on the unused period. And the new owner taxes the car, and they get their chosen length of time, and the renewal is from when they bought the car.

But they've retained the "whole months" thing they do -- so you only get refunded whole months, and they have to pay for whole months. So every time a car changes hands, they get two months of tax for the same month, one from the seller, one from the buyer. Crafty...

kovert
3rd October 2014, 04:48 PM
The reason why we are taxed so much by governments is because they need to pay people to come up with ways to tax us more. Very taxing. *

* If this reply is seen as political I apologise in advance.

dutchy
3rd October 2014, 08:08 PM
The reason why we are taxed so much by governments is because they need to pay people to come up with ways to tax us more. Very taxing. *

* If this reply is seen as political I apologise in advance.

Don't mind paying taxes just depends what its used for. Anyway, happy we got rid of the stickers.

kovert
3rd October 2014, 08:46 PM
Will be removing my sticker at the weekend. Saw a black Merc coupe at the shops today with adhesive stain from a hastily removed sticker. Come to think of it they were parked in a disabled bay without an appropriate sticker or other relevant markings.

Who leaves their "service due at xxxxxx km" stickers on?

sskustomz
3rd October 2014, 09:00 PM
I do my own services so no sticker. I hate anything on my car! Have bought two cars new and first thing I do is pull the dealer stickers and no. plate surrounds off.

Jen
3rd October 2014, 10:19 PM
I do, more so for the date then the km's. I know my km interval but I usually hit the date before the k's so that keeps me in check. I would lose track if I relied only on the service book

kovert
7th October 2014, 08:23 PM
It's nice seeing a car without dealer number plate surrounds and dealer logos. It means the owner has made the effort to remove them!

I used to leave the service date stickers on but have removed them for the sake of a clean windscreen. I can understand why people leave them on though.

chris_r
7th October 2014, 10:52 PM
It's nice seeing a car without dealer number plate surrounds and dealer logos. It means the owner has made the effort to remove them!

I used to leave the service date stickers on but have removed them for the sake of a clean windscreen. I can understand why people leave them on though.

Personally, I've got no issue with dealer number plate surrounds if the dealer actually looks after you. If you got shafted by the dealer like I did with the Hyundai, you can always take great pleasure in destroying them in a fit of rage.

kovert
10th October 2014, 07:02 AM
Personally, I've got no issue with dealer number plate surrounds if the dealer actually looks after you. If you got shafted by the dealer like I did with the Hyundai, you can always take great pleasure in destroying them in a fit of rage.

Agreed.