PDA

View Full Version : Astra HSV (VXR) - rear diffuser

Ash
6th September 2014, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Ashley. I am new to this forum. Glad to be a part of this group.

I have recently purchased an AH Astra SRI 2.0L Turbo. I am looking for a HSV (VXR) rear diffuser to replace the stock one (with centre exhaust outlet). Any suggestions on where I can obtain one here in Australia? Or source overseas?

faneca
6th September 2014, 02:03 PM
Hey mate welcome along! Think I was talking to you on the ccu Facebook page? Have you tried hsv yet?

Ash
6th September 2014, 03:22 PM
Hello, and thank you for the welcome.
I haven't tried HSV yet, but will do so at some stage. I know HSV were not impressed when all the after market Monaro tail lights went crazy. I don't think they would approve of a "non HSV car trying to look like one". Although being an imported car, they may take a different view. I have emailed some Euro companies, but have not received a reply yet.

faneca
6th September 2014, 04:59 PM
Yeah they are apparently pretty strict on that and require a vin to get some parts. Tim89 who is an Adelaide also got rear ended. And was replaced with the hsv diffuser. So not sure where whe went through but he will see this soon.

Tim89
6th September 2014, 05:03 PM
I got mine repaired at autocraft Lonsdale don't know where he got it from tho.

Tim89
6th September 2014, 05:03 PM
Also mine had the vxr bumper when it got rear ended too

Elliot_O
6th September 2014, 10:20 PM
Any in wreckers at the moment?

dutchy
6th September 2014, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Ash.

Ash
8th September 2014, 01:34 PM
Thank's for your input. I have emailed Autocraft.
Great to hear your advise. Fantastic!

Thank you all for the welcome. Forum's like this one are a very useful thing to be a part of. Great to hook up with like minded people.

kabel
8th September 2014, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I purchased a carbon fibre rear diffuser (and roof spoiler) for my VXR a few years back and have not used it at all. I decided to keep the external appearance stock.
Where are you located ?

A few people here have expressed interest in it but at the time I was undecided about selling it, now I have too many car parts in the garage so I could be persuaded into letting it go if you strike out elsewhere.
I also have a OEM VXR exhaust system sitting in the garage.

Ash
8th September 2014, 03:52 PM
I'll see how I go. I live in Adelaide. Where are you located? Ideally an original would suit me better, but still worth considering.

kabel
8th September 2014, 07:09 PM
Perth.
Good luck, surprised you have not been able to get one though.

Ash
8th September 2014, 07:20 PM
I had a reply from Autocraft. Unless I can provide a vin#, they cannot source from HSV.

faneca
8th September 2014, 08:27 PM
Jonno_OPC maybe able to help you out, he works at Holden so not sure what strings or how many he may need to tug tho

dutchy
8th September 2014, 09:12 PM
wouldn't be that difficult to get your hands on a vin from a vxr

adam_92
9th September 2014, 01:07 PM
Exavtly as I thought. They are very strict on genuine hsv stuff so not every man in a budget commodore can stick a hsv bodykit and badges on their car. Maybe speak to faneca about the vin

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk