PDA

View Full Version : Z20LET Rocker Cover

7even
1st September 2014, 02:17 PM
Hi
My 2003 coupe astra turbo has issues with oil seepage through the rocker cover even after replacing
the gasket etc. Can anyone advise if a replacement part can be found for sale and where to look?

Thankyou,

guy 27
1st September 2014, 02:50 PM
Did you use genuine or aftermarket gasket?

7even
1st September 2014, 03:05 PM
Did you use genuine or aftermarket gasket?

The gasket was a genuine GM gasket. Looking to see if there are any aftermarket covers for sale or any ideas on repairing the
cover like getting it coated by a plastics company or even a heat proof paint?

adam_92
2nd September 2014, 12:23 PM
Did they use a gasket sealer all the way around the gasket? faneca had his replaced by a mechanic who used the sealer everywhere and it leaked again very quickly. Sealer should only be used on the half moon caps at the end of the cams

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

faneca
2nd September 2014, 03:26 PM
Did they use a gasket sealer all the way around the gasket? @faneca had his replaced by a mechanic who used the sealer everywhere and it leaked again very quickly. Sealer should only be used on the half moon caps at the end of the cams

Fixed

And a little spot on corners.

adam_92
2nd September 2014, 03:28 PM
Nope, nothing on the corners. Its not needed.

faneca
2nd September 2014, 03:34 PM
Nope, nothing on the corners. Its not needed.

Jonno_OPC did otherwise and mine hasn't leaked.

Jonno_OPC
3rd September 2014, 11:30 PM
Yeah, we just seal the half moons and in the corners of the cam bearing caps. I wouldn't leave the corners of the bearing caps dry, if it leaks there its right into the timing case.

Kennedy
6th September 2014, 03:04 PM
I use grease on every seal, always works. If you have changed the rocker cover gasket and it still leaks then the cover will be warped. New cover needed then!