PDA

View Full Version : Corsa B GSI ECU. and separate weird idle issue.

JTaylorTeam
25th August 2014, 09:50 PM
Gday guys!! well. im gona hit up time attack SA in october annnnnd im wondering!! can the GSI barina ECU be tunned or remapped in any shape or form???(Z18XE Conversion) as a lil more punch would sensational. and ALSO! my idle seems to fluctuate up and down slightly and sometimes revs upto 1700 for no reason and stays there. cheers.

Gsi_Bryce
26th August 2014, 07:13 AM
Not sure about your first question in regards to ECU but with the idling have you tried looking at the idle control valve, adjusting it just may solve the issue? But in saying that idle up to 1700 is very excessive

chris_r
26th August 2014, 07:52 AM
I'd also check for vacuum leaks.

There are guys who on eBay that do solder-in/drop-in mod chips for these ECUs, but being eBay, I'd be a bit dubious about them.

JTaylorTeam
26th August 2014, 08:20 PM
idle control valve??? where is this located. and how is it adjusted?

Gsi_Bryce
26th August 2014, 08:26 PM
It's located on the throttle body and I believe adjustment is done using a flat head screw driver, there's also a throttle position sensor, may be worth a check aswell

Gsi_Bryce
26th August 2014, 08:30 PM
I should more say in the throttle body I believe on the housing as such? Not 100% sure with the z18 chris_r should know for sure

chris_r
26th August 2014, 09:09 PM
I should more say in the throttle body I believe on the housing as such? Not 100% sure with the z18 chris_r should know for sure

Yeah, it's in the throttle body itself, the black thing with the 4 pin flat connector going into it. Take it out, clean off any gunk and fire some carby cleaner through the hole it sits in. Jamie's using the Viva/Lacetti F18D3 throttle body on this one (necessary for a Z18 Corsa B swap), so the normal Z18 throttle cleaning routine doesn't really have the same effect.

I still think it's a vacuum leak. I'd check the vacuum line under the intake manifold that goes to the variable inlet flap solenoid, as the line can pop out of the intake manifold side. Make sure there's no other vacuum leaks with the FPR and the hoses coming off the throttle body.

JTaylorTeam
26th August 2014, 09:18 PM
yeaa i remember disconnecting and blocking the flap thingo hoses ages ago and never made a difference. i might pop them back on just to rule that out.