PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Touch Up Paint

SIMid
21st August 2014, 01:29 PM
Anyone managed to get one of these for their Astra?

Mine has a few marks and instead of paying $250/wheel repaired and sprayed, I prefer to spend $20 to touch them up. Small blemishes and not worth the expense.

The key here is that the wheels are factory Shadow Chrome, not the normal silver (Astra AH turbo wheels). I had one repaired several years ago scrapping a blue stone and the repairer told me what the colour was called (and I thought it was just silver).

Any help would be great. :)

vekara
17th September 2014, 05:52 PM
I have just gone through the same problem, there are no actual names for the paint, some people quote that star silver 4 is the best match but... Holden did not release the paint code for the rims.
so what I ended up doing is to sand back the rims, putty scratches, sand back again, spray silver paint which i have the code now from a paint matching shop, then clear coat. Paint must be two pack to last and look good. litre of paint, lacquer and thinners cost $170.
The end result is as good as any professional job costing far less. I also straightened any warps to acceptable level, should be within 1mm although I did not get that good but still drives smooth at high speeds. the tyres even out small differences in rim roundness.

That was my Astra H Turbo 2006