PDA

View Full Version : inlet manifold pressure in X16XE

Aditi
13th August 2014, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I have two questions for those who are familiar with this engine model And especially to those who know Car vacuum system.

about which pressure Created in the inlet manifold during full throttle is open ?
and All vacuum Pipes, Is there any pipe His suction pressure goes up (Rising) As the rpm goes up ?
And when There is no pressure in the inlet (close throttle) - there is no pressure in that vacuum pipe...

Thanks in advance for any help, Aditi

DWS 92
13th August 2014, 09:55 PM
I don't have the specifications for that particular engine, but most naturally aspirated engines should be relatively the same.

Under all conditions there will be vacuum in the inlet of a naturally aspirated engine, there will never be positive pressure.
When decelerating or at idle, the vacuum inside the manifold will be at its maximum (approx 20 in Hg).
When accelerating (Wide open throttle), the vacuum will drop to near atmospheric pressure as the throttle is open and allowing air into the inlet manifold.

Are you having issues with the car not idling correctly or having faults for lean fuel mixture?

Aditi
14th August 2014, 01:06 AM
Are you having issues with the car not idling correctly or having faults for lean fuel mixture?

My Wastegate has spoiled, i got a new one but its works opposite.
the wastegate handle is open, and how much More vacuum drawing the valve its Pulling the handle and Closes the passage of gases.

I spoke whit the seller, he claims that it's works Reverse.
As the boost goes up the vacuum Built up in the inlet manifold and with the help of vacuum pressure the wastgate Closes the handle and the boost built.
all the Gases Pass through the turbine wheel and not by the wastegate passage.
And when releasing the Acceleration pedal - Vacuum drops immediately and the wastegate opens the exhaust gas passage Immediately.

I am looking for the vacuum tube which can be connected to the new wastegate...

DWS 92
14th August 2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah I understand how a wastegate works, however I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to explain to me.

If you are simply looking for somewhere to connect the wastegate actuator line then anywhere along the boost side of the inlet (before the throttle body) will be fine, but the closer to the turbo the better.

Sorry for the initial confusion, as far as I knew the x16xe was a normally aspirated engine.

chris_r
14th August 2014, 12:14 PM
X16XEs are NA, this one's obviously been turbocharged.

Aditi
14th August 2014, 04:42 PM
yes, X16xe is normally aspirated, my X16 is turbocharged.

Which pressure the TDO4L original wastegate Begins to Open the gate
and Reduces the pressure on the Turbine ? (I have the opportunity to buy one at a cheap price..)

besides that, how I can limit the pressure ?
I need that the boost will not pass 0.7-0.8 bar (10.15 - 11.60 psi)

SilentShout
15th August 2014, 12:32 AM
im sure google would help find out what psi the actuator in a TD04 is, Whatever pressure that is (E.g. 7psi) you cant go lower than that unless you replace the spring inside with a lower psi spring.

Other than that most factory turbos will have a line coming off the compressor housing which you can either hook straight into the actuator so the wastegate only opens at a certain psi, or hook it into a boost controller (electronic, none of this "boost tee" crap) and then you can control the boost from upping the psi to having the wastegate closed up until it hits your desired boost etc.

Youtube is your friend for all things knowledgable.

Aditi
15th August 2014, 03:58 AM
A little bit an work out to me,
the handle of the wastegate not so comes easily..
(it takes two hands to pull it out)

SilentShout
15th August 2014, 05:13 AM
Ummm. Not too sure what you ment to say. :S

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dutchy
15th August 2014, 01:57 PM
A little bit an work out to me,
the handle of the wastegate not so comes easily..
(it takes two hands to pull it out)

if its too tight, you got too much pre-tension on it.