PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know history on this SRi-T?

Brando47
13th August 2014, 06:19 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balwyn/cars-vans-utes/car-for-sale/1052944575

After getting a new job and a decent tax return, I've been keeping a keen eye out for a clean SRi-T, most preferably a stock one in Arden and maybe with a sunroof. This one has popped up again after being for sale several months ago I think, so maybe he couldn't sell the first time round and has dropped the price accordingly? I will try calling him again to get some more pics, last time he was at work :/ Living interstate it'd be great to find if anyone has more info in the mean time, and if it's any good I'll hopefully get a depost on it ASAP :)

GUN16V
13th August 2014, 06:54 PM
Doesn't look to bad from the pictures. Fingers crossed everything checks out ok

mickos
13th August 2014, 07:20 PM
If they have had it for 4 years they should know the car well

adam_92
13th August 2014, 07:29 PM
Start by doing a rego check on it. Costs a couple of bucks and gives you any details on history with accidents etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Raisin
13th August 2014, 07:29 PM
:guy::guy::guy::guy::guy::guy::guy::guy::guy::guy: :guy::guy:

It looks good in the pictures! Although I saw a few that looked good in the pictures and just weren't all that hot in person, but mine looked good in the pictures and was the real deal so I say check it out!

Numbnut
13th August 2014, 07:40 PM
Is it me or is that really cheap?
Offer full price if it comes with the balloons. Everyone loves balloons :)

mickos
13th August 2014, 08:44 PM
Revs check it too

adam_92
13th August 2014, 09:41 PM
Thats what I meant mickos. Couldnt remember what it was called.

StrickenAza34
13th August 2014, 09:49 PM
Thats what I meant mickos. Couldnt remember what it was called.

Not sure about other states, but you can do the Goverment's PPSR check for less than a fiverr, with all details? Revs was like $20-30 last I looked.

GUN16V
13th August 2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah PPSR check is much more comprehensive

Hixy
14th August 2014, 12:22 AM
Not sure about other states, but you can do the Goverment's PPSR check for less than a fiverr, with all details? Revs was like $20-30 last I looked.

PPSR replaced REVS. If you send me the VIN and your email I can do it for you no drama. My business uses it everyday. So we have an account.

Elliot_O
14th August 2014, 09:59 AM
That's cheap! I think it's Vcheck in QLD.
Good luck bro, I love my sunroof!

hazrd
14th August 2014, 10:12 AM
I did a complete Carfacts history report when I was selling my last car to help with the sale (proof of no writeoff etc etc). I can send you a copy of it if you want to see what it looks like and what you get out of it as an example.

Otherwise i would suggest taking up Hixy 's offer ;)

Brando47
15th August 2014, 08:41 AM
Cheers guys I'll have a look into that, sounds like a good idea :) Just mainly wanted him to send some more pictures through first, I can't even see what wheels are on it haha there's none really down the sides of the car to see the bodywork etc., and none of the engine bay and leather inside so I can gauge how clean/stock it is. I called him back and he didn't pick up, and he hasn't replied to the text I sent him either which is a pain, makes me wonder how much he wants to sell it :/ If I get a hold of him I'll grab the VIN Hixy and take you up on that for sure, thanks heaps :) It's definitely really cheap so even if the turbo or clutch was on the way out or something it wouldn't be the end of the world, just ideally want one with clean paint and bodywork. And balloons ;)

Kennedy
15th August 2014, 11:35 AM
I'm going to be over that side of Melbourne on Sunday, I could stop and have a look of you want mate [emoji106]

dutchy
15th August 2014, 02:03 PM
even some good engine bay pics can tell a lot about the car.

Raisin
15th August 2014, 10:29 PM
even some good engine bay pics can tell a lot about the car.

:lol: I see what you did there!

dutchy
16th August 2014, 08:28 AM
:lol: I see what you did there!

all for a reason ;)

Shadow110
16th August 2014, 01:04 PM
all for a reason ;)

Anything for a fap eh dutchy?

dutchy
16th August 2014, 07:50 PM
Anything for a fap eh dutchy?

:swg:

Brando47
18th August 2014, 12:07 AM
Ah sorry Kennedy I only just jumped on the forum, cheers for the offer anyway mate :) Still haven't heard back from the guy, wondering how keen he is to sell... I might keep my eye out for a less suss looking ad I think haha

Kennedy
18th August 2014, 06:18 PM
I messaged him too but got no reply

Brando47
19th August 2014, 12:01 AM
yeah kinda dodge if you ask me :/ probs too good to be true haha