PDA

View Full Version : Sharing info

halo
17th July 2014, 02:14 PM
Hi, I am hoping that there are owners of 2007/08 Opel V6 OPC on these forums so we can discuss our cars and share information. I do own a Saab Turbo X 6 speed manual which has shared V6 engine and Haldex XWD drive train platform with the 2008 Opel V6 OPC, notably the OPC puts out more power than my Saab TX. Both the Opel V6 OPC and my Saab TX are unique in Australia and I hope that this forum can be a way to exchange information and keep our cars running.

sooty
17th July 2014, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately the OPC v6 didn't come to Australia in 07/08. Closest would be the 3.2 v6, not sure how similar the platforms are

Jonno_OPC
23rd July 2014, 03:10 PM
Is this motor from the same family as our Commodore Alloytec v6? I know some of the later Saab V6 turbo engines were built on the GM HFV6 platform.

chris_r
23rd July 2014, 09:11 PM
Is this motor from the same family as our Commodore Alloytec v6? I know some of the later Saab V6 turbo engines were built on the GM HFV6 platform.

Saab called it the B284, Opel/Vauxhall called it the Z28NET/A28NET (Used in Vectra C OPC/VXR and Insignia) and it's also known by the LP9 RPO code. But yes, it's an export HFV6 built in Australia, with the turbocharger setup developed in Sweden by Saab.

Earlier Saab V6s were basically repackaged C25XEs.