PDA

View Full Version : Random Idle spike and drop *With Video*

SilentShout
7th July 2014, 01:10 AM
Greetings all.

Had this problem for a while but finally was able to capture it on vidya.

Whenever i come to a stop at the lights or after a brief acceleration in carparks (such as in the video) the revs will randomly "pulse" so to speak where they climb and then just as quick they drop to the point of the car stalling, then it repeates the process over and over till after anywhere from a min to roughly 4 mins it calms down into a propper idle.

Had alot of wierd looks as the car is loud so it appears as though im sitting at the lights revving the car ready for a race, :lol:

here is a video of the event, for the first few seconds i accelerate through the opening in the carpark, then the "pulsing" starts

http://youtu.be/kHsRxdrhic

any help is greatly appreciated.

And no error codes with obd2 reader or stomp test come up.

chris_r
7th July 2014, 08:23 PM
For some reason I can't view the video, but it sounds as if you have a vacuum leak somewhere. For me, it was the hose from the back of the throttle body to the rocker cover (smaller of the two hoses) had come off, causing the same symptoms you describe.

SilentShout
8th July 2014, 12:27 AM
Ill check that out in the morning after work, its been happening for a long time though, and not to mention it only happens every now and then. Ill let you know how i go.

Many thanks

also here is the url maybe that helps:

http://youtu.be/kHsRxdrhic

dutchy
8th July 2014, 08:29 AM
video hasn't fully uploaded, time is 0;00 link doesn't work either.

vectra_skarlet
20th December 2014, 08:46 AM
I had a similar problem.
Found my leak was in one of the intake pips before the mass air intake valve.
This is common if you've removed the pipes to change the air filter

SilentShout
20th December 2014, 03:40 PM
Damn should probably have posted that i fixed it. :) bought an egr blanking plate of flea bay and installed it. Problem was gone instantly.