PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Holden Zafira TT - Oh My Gods, I'm a Holden owner!

cosmichobo
29th June 2014, 10:19 AM
G'day,

Just found this forum having yesterday picked up a Holden Zafira from Car City in Melbourne.

Went from looking at mid-late 00's sedans, to wagons, to this. Sold mostly on the price ($5800), seats (only 2 kids, but will be good when wanting to take the grandies for a drive/etc), and the variable boot space.

Actually found it last weekend and made a deposit... Then researched the car... Have to say we'll be watching the timing chain closely (!), but ultimately every car we looked at had some catastrophic word of warning...

My first (and second) car was a Nissan 280zx... which went by the wayside after becoming a dad, moving into my first "family car" - a 2000 Toyota Camry... But after 7 years and 300,000km it's done its head gasket, so decided it was time for a new (2nd hand) car.

Have to say inside and out it is in pretty good nick. Few scratches in the paint, but no sign of major bingles, and the inside doesn't show too much wear - just some minor stuff in to boot (when it's in boot mode!).

Still of course getting used to back-to-front wipers/indicators... And driving a manual again!

Glad to have found a local forum for my (wife's) new ride.

Cheers

cosmic

guy 27
29th June 2014, 10:27 AM
Welcome to OA

dutchy
29th June 2014, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forum.

sooty
29th June 2014, 10:42 AM
Welcome

faneca
29th June 2014, 11:30 AM
Welcome along! The 2.2s are a pretty solid motor service it regularly and on time and you shouldnt have many issues. :thumbs:

dutchy
29th June 2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome along! The 2.2s are a pretty solid motor service it regularly and on time and you should have many issues. :thumbs:

:shrug: :swg:

faneca
29th June 2014, 11:50 PM
:shrug: :swg:

Hahaha fixed :P

cosmichobo
4th July 2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

Ahh, well hopefully it wont have many issues! ;)

Looks like I'll be using the old car ramps again though, getting back to doing some oil changes... Wonder if the wife'll let me show our 6yo how to service a car yet... :)

benzino
6th July 2014, 10:54 PM
Good luck getting it on ramps with that front bumper, unless they aren't steep at all! Invest in a reasonable jack and stands, you shouldn't have to pay more than $100 and will be useful if you need to take off the wheels