PDA

View Full Version : Where to get an intercooler fitted (Melb)?

Senor Ed
17th June 2014, 09:08 AM
I have recently bought a Courtenay Sport Intercooler for my AH SriT and just wondering if anyone knew a reputable workshop to fit this for me?

Anywhere around Melbourne is fine (preferably north - westish) but I am looking for a a place who will do a good job.

Any recommendations or contacts would be great.

Cheers

hazrd
17th June 2014, 11:19 AM
im not sure if they are still open or not, but Monaro Performance Centre would do a good job (they have worked on a heap of Opels). Unfortunately, they may have finished up though because the owner wanted to move on to something else. Nurb608 may be able to assist you as hes in the west

dutchy
17th June 2014, 12:21 PM
I have recently bought a Courtenay Sport Intercooler for my AH SriT and just wondering if anyone knew a reputable workshop to fit this for me?

Anywhere around Melbourne is fine (preferably north - westish) but I am looking for a a place who will do a good job.

Any recommendations or contacts would be great.

Cheers

To fit is soooo easy. I think there's even a how-to at Courtenays website.

mickos
17th June 2014, 02:41 PM
Cashieeee for someone in melb

DRMAT
17th June 2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah should be an easy fit up i would imagine but if you're not DIY inclined you could give Rajab Racing in Campbellfield a call. Opel isn't their normal fare but they've been building and racing turbo cars for donkeys years and do good work i'm told from a friend that uses them for normal servicing.

faneca
17th June 2014, 04:59 PM
It's pretty straightforward, there is a how to on the Courtenay website, you need to cut a coolant hose shorter to prevent it rubbing with engine movement, so you will need to do a coolant change at the same time , you need to drill a 8mm hole to allow a bracket to bolt on and possibly may have to file down the top corner of your radiator.

I have one coming and hopefully have it fitted up in a couple of weeks.

I think Nurb608 has fitted one for someone before so may be able to help out if you ask nicely

Senor Ed
18th June 2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys, I'm pretty handy, just haven't attempted anything like this before.

Any help from Nurb608, if he's got spare time, would be great :cornut:

And as mickos said, I'd be more than willing to throw some $ his way too.

Nurb608
19th June 2014, 08:21 PM
Hey mate,

I can help out no problems. As i learnt, definitely need to cut the coolant hose but pretty straight forward. Need a soldering iron as well. Where in NW? Or just message me.

faneca
19th June 2014, 08:44 PM
Hey mate,

I can help out no problems. As i learnt, definitely need to cut the coolant hose but pretty straight forward. Need a soldering iron as well. Where in NW? Or just message me.

What is the soldering iron for rory? Fans?

Nurb608
20th June 2014, 07:50 PM
What is the soldering iron for rory? Fans?

Yup ;)