PDA

View Full Version : Vectra Timing Belts

Mark
21st January 2005, 04:44 PM
I Have been reading alot of bad stories about the timing belts in Vectras, anything over 30,000kms apparantly should be changed.
At 64,000kms im thinking about doing mine very soon.
Leave it too long and bent valves ect are the outcome if it snaps !
Anyone changed theirs here ?

Mitch
21st January 2005, 05:06 PM
Mine was meant to be changed on my Astra at 60,000kms, it's now on 68,000kms and it still hasn't been changed. I got quoted from a local mechanic $480 to get it changed, so for that price I may aswell just get a full service at Holden who said it should cost about $600 or $700. I have to do it soon or else it will end up costing me more. I also have to replace the brakes pad, I'm starting to think I should just keep my Astra instead of selling it because i've spent so much on it lately that it would be a waste just to sell it and not make use of what i've spent.

:|

RK
21st January 2005, 06:53 PM
hmmm. i dunno if mine was ever changed :S
mines done 87,000 kms now :\

InsaneAsylum
21st January 2005, 09:29 PM
i did mine at 75000, one of the cambelt tensioners was shagged and that was also replaced. i should have done both... so my recommendation is do the belt and the tensioner pulleys every 60000

i wonder if anyone has taken holden to court. the service book states 120,000km cam belt change and I was never notified by holden to change earlier. my independant mechanic told me after walking into a head shop and seeing all these relatively new shiny heads in for reco. when he asked, the response was barina/astra/vectra etc.

Mark
22nd January 2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah they are saying about changing the tensioners as well, so im gonna get a price next week for the parts and change it on Wed.

wonder if anyone has taken holden to court. the service book states 120,000km

Yeah I wonder, because thats false representation of a product. And thats illegal !
I haven't read where holden has addmitted these faults or been taken to court but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has any more info.