PDA

View Full Version : The Nugget Nationals

DRMAT
9th May 2014, 02:49 PM
Posting for a friend who is getting this series off the ground.... similar concept to LeMons (yes spelt on purpose) racing in the US with strict budget limits etc.
Barina's (except SRi) fit into the rules perfectly!

We all know that Evo's and Silvia's make great track cars but did you know a Mazda 121 or a Holden Barina is just as capable of massive ripple strip climbing fun?

From (some of the) same people that brought you EXE track day, we present to you a new side series called the Nugget Nationals!
Designed to bring the cheap thrills back into track days the rules are simple.

To compete in the points based rounds, you must purchase/borrow/share a car that comes in at under $3000 and has a naturally aspirated engine with a capacity of no more than 1500cc. (No rotaries allowed). Your nugget car of choice will compete in a series of Motorsport disciplines beginning October 2014 ranging from, but not limited to; Sprint days, hill climbs, drag racing, endurance rounds and as well as having the benefit of possibly doubling as your daily driver.

If we've got your interest, or you know someone who would be, please share this and sit tight. We'll be releasing the regulations in the next week or so and this will let you know in more detail what type of cars will be eligible for this series.

Cheers,
-Ying

Join the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nugget-Nationals/1476891152528369

chris_r
9th May 2014, 07:43 PM
GSi's also fall just outside of eligibility at 1.6L too. Ideal car for this sort of thing I reckon would be a Swift GTi. Those little twin cam 1300s rev like mad and they're cheap as nowadays.

guy 27
9th May 2014, 08:01 PM
I got a swift gti that we've given out for a few month. would be perfect for it. its already got race exhaust and very lowered suspension.

chris_r
9th May 2014, 11:06 PM
When you think about it, it is a pretty fun idea. Would've been fun if I still had my 1200 ute with the A14 and 32/36DGV Weber.

Shadow110
9th May 2014, 11:34 PM
Ooo looks like an idea...

DRMAT
10th May 2014, 07:08 PM
I think some people have already worked out the old 80s Civic seems to be the 'best' car for it based on power to weight etc. but there are a few other quirky cars popping up, possibly even a Combo as well lol Starlets, Rollas etc.
Engine limit was set at 1.5L because there are so many 'sporty' 1.6L engines and cars ie. MX5, various Hondas etc etc

Could be some good "cheap" fun esp if you're friendly with your local wrecker and handy doing stuff yourself. Strip all the weight out of almost anything and it'll be considerably faster already.

DRMAT
22nd May 2014, 07:46 AM
Nugget Nationals regs have been released: http://nuggetnationals.wordpress.com/regulations/

hazrd
22nd May 2014, 08:22 AM
hahaha. I know the Race director (so does Nurb608 ). Im not surprised that shes there, also considering that the nationals will happen during the EXE days :)