PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Opel Astra - Speed cameras for Navi GPS system?

crisg
4th May 2014, 07:30 AM
Hi all,

I have a 2013 Opel Astra equipped with the Navi900 GPS system. The system is OK, but my TomTom GPS is definitely much better and accurate.

One thing the Navi900 lacks is speed camera locations.

Is there a way to update the system to include these?

Thanks

dutchy
4th May 2014, 09:23 AM
I think it's up to the map provider to include those. I know they got that over in Europe on their maps.

nigelh
4th May 2014, 10:27 AM
I think on the Astra owners forum there is a how to with a link to a site to download the info and you can select Australia on that site but I don't know how good it will be.

dutchy
4th May 2014, 01:46 PM
You can try to download a map and try it out but I doubt it'll work. I tried to share my map with another member a while ago, who didn't get the card when he picked up his car, and it didn't work. Think there's some kind of number on there that should correspond with your car. But hey, you can always try.

nigelh
4th May 2014, 06:44 PM
It said something about saving the info to a USB then loading it on the navi as POI.

mattav
8th July 2014, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know how to enable custom POI for the Navi 900? I've done some reading about it & all websites suggest going to the Config -> Navigation Settings but I have no option for POI or to upload custom & when i'm in POI from the Navigation Dest menu theres no option to import or add your own custom POI's.

Any help would be great.. maybe i'm running a different software version

dutchy
8th July 2014, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know how to enable custom POI for the Navi 900? I've done some reading about it & all websites suggest going to the Config -> Navigation Settings but I have no option for POI or to upload custom & when i'm in POI from the Navigation Dest menu theres no option to import or add your own custom POI's.

Any help would be great.. maybe i'm running a different software version

Assuming you want to add the speed camera poi, isn't this uploaded onto the sd card ?

mattav
8th July 2014, 09:16 PM
yeah I was going to buy one online & test it out. Nothing i've read suggests loading it onto the SD card but I can give that a go but still don't know why I cant see any options for custom POI's, you'd think it'd be there even if you didnt have a file upload for it (like it would be greyed out etc?)

dutchy
8th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Without sd card, navi doesnt work, it gets its maps from the sd card too so I can only imagine that poi's are stored onto the sd card as well.

mattav
9th July 2014, 01:19 PM
I'll do some digging around & see if I can sort it out :)