PDA

View Full Version : Sonos system

dutchy
1st May 2014, 12:04 AM
Anyone have a Sonos sound system ? If so, what are your thoughts on speaker options (#1, 3 or 5) and how do they relate to the size of the room.

dutchy
2nd May 2014, 10:35 AM
scamp ? You work at HN right ? What's your idea about this ? Selling any ? I did read a bit on the internet about this system too.

guy 27
2nd May 2014, 10:48 AM
my brother was looking into it so I went with him to check them out. I wasn't too impressed with sound quality but you know how fussy i am.
its a great system though.

dutchy
3rd May 2014, 10:44 PM
Had a listen and am not too impressed with the sound quality either unless you spend a small fortune and get their most expensive speakers.

scamp
10th May 2014, 03:02 PM
sorry just seen thread , i sell heaps of them , sound quality is not too bad for a small speaker , the sonos display stand music is awful (why i don't have one at my store ) , also depends if the muppets at the store have been playing with the bass/treble controls , i prefer the play 1 for size ( bass response for such a small speaker is good ) or the play 5 for overall sound , you can also add the sonos sub to them. i also sell a lot of the connect units as they allow any amp to be integrated to the sonos system ( i have 8 amps and 15 soundabars connected with just 2 of these ) . the connect has analogue , coax and f/optic outputs . the user interface is awesome and it is easy to setup ( if i can anyone can ) and the list of supported apps is growing , soundcloud is new and it will soon support google play . i think they will be announcing it next week , may be some new speakers coming too !

dutchy
13th May 2014, 10:16 PM
sorry just seen thread , i sell heaps of them , sound quality is not too bad for a small speaker , the sonos display stand music is awful (why i don't have one at my store ) , also depends if the muppets at the store have been playing with the bass/treble controls , i prefer the play 1 for size ( bass response for such a small speaker is good ) or the play 5 for overall sound , you can also add the sonos sub to them. i also sell a lot of the connect units as they allow any amp to be integrated to the sonos system ( i have 8 amps and 15 soundabars connected with just 2 of these ) . the connect has analogue , coax and f/optic outputs . the user interface is awesome and it is easy to setup ( if i can anyone can ) and the list of supported apps is growing , soundcloud is new and it will soon support google play . i think they will be announcing it next week , may be some new speakers coming too !

Tnx Scamp. Its a birthday present for my little brother and seeing he really wanted it, I opted to get him the soundbar with a bridge and a play 1 which he wants to use outside as well. All in all a nice system but anything other than a playbar doesn't sound very good.

scamp
15th May 2014, 12:08 PM
if he is smart he will get himself the sub and another play 1 . you can use the 2 play 1's as rear speakers for the soundbar and by clicking a couple of control buttons change them to being a stereo pair with or without the sub outdoors when he wants to use them out there :)

dutchy
15th May 2014, 01:13 PM
Forgot, the sub is also included. Thanks mate.

scamp
15th May 2014, 06:53 PM
good one , needs that sub to go doof doof !!