PDA

View Full Version : Where to course side-skirt and door card clips?

MikeCheck
27th April 2014, 10:39 AM
Hi guys,

I think I'm finally going to get around to repainting my side-skirts and rub strips.

Unfortunately this means taking OFF said sideskirts and the door trims.

I've spent enough time taking off my door cards to know that those little white clips are pretty susceptible to breaking and I'm fairly sure my side skirt clips are running at about 60% capacity.

Where do I go to source some new ones?

Cheers

M

MikeCheck
29th April 2014, 12:45 PM
Nobody?

Cheers

M

guy 27
29th April 2014, 12:53 PM
long black clips along the side. I've got some here i'll do cheap just for you. just let me know how many you need.
the rivets underneath. get some stainless bolts that fit in nice and tight. thats what i did for all of mine. its cheaper and reusable compared to the plastic pins that get lost in the body.

MikeCheck
29th April 2014, 01:10 PM
long black clips along the side. I've got some here i'll do cheap just for you. just let me know how many you need.
the rivets underneath. get some stainless bolts that fit in nice and tight. thats what i did for all of mine. its cheaper and reusable compared to the plastic pins that get lost in the body.

PM-ed you re: side clips.

Not sure I understand that bolts for the door cards though. Are we talking about the same thing? I was meaning the little V-shaped white clips with the circles on the end? I would've though they need that flare in order to push through the hole and spread out (phrasing, boom!).

Cheers

M

guy 27
29th April 2014, 01:18 PM
The bottom side skirt clips are slightly different. Here's what I do http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/29/9eda8e8a.jpg

MikeCheck
29th April 2014, 01:21 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooh you meant the bolt clip things in the side skirts. Yeah that's a great idea, I remember them being kind of flimsy/annoying to get out. Might give it a go.

Sorry I meant the white clips in the door cards though.

Cheers

M

DRMAT
29th April 2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah i replaced the underneath front bumper clips with screws same as above. Still sags a bit though :(

White door clips you can get from Holden... but they are about $2-3 PER clip. Off ebay they are about $3 for a bag of 10-20 BUT as i found when i did my stereo, the ebay ones are very brittle whereas factory ones are far more forgiving. To put it another way, factory ones can quite often be re-used if you're careful getting them out, there's zero chance with the ebay ones cos they just snap.

guy 27
29th April 2014, 02:15 PM
parts have been wrapped and ready to post to you :)

MikeCheck
29th April 2014, 07:27 PM
As per usual, Guy's to the rescue for everything.

What a man.

Cheers

M